(6) Jared

Who knew Connor isn't a total jerk and ass? He knows about Hamilton and he saved me from falling on my butt so I guess he could go up two points on the good side. Right now we were at his room eating. "What do you wanna do?" I sked him

"I don't know. What do you wanna do?" He stopped eating for a second. "We need to prove to Evan that we are friends. We can't be handcuffed forever." He tells me.

"And how are we going to do that?" I ask sarcastically.

"You could do a song and dance number." We both looked over at the window to see JD. "Greetings and salutations."

"Um I'm not even ask why you are here." Connor told him. "Wait a song and dance number?"

"Yeah, maybe something like." JD thinks for a moment. "Our love is God or something."

"What the fuck?" I ask quickly. Someone pops up next to JD. She had black hair, a blue jean jacket, and a scarf around her neck. "Um who are you?"

"Oh hi I'm Christine." She waves to us. "I go to school with you guys."

"Oh yeah you played in Romeo and Juliet." Connor stated.

"Yep! Now for the song and dance number you could do something like..." The lights go out and I look at JD who turned the lights off. He turns on a flashlight and faces it to Christine like it was a spot light. "Say there’s this person you pass in the hall every day you’ve known him since seventh grade you’re used to thinking about him in a certain way from the persona that he displayed." I looked at Connor to see him looking back.

"How about no." Connor tells her.

"Well then what do you want to do?" She asks him.

"Well." He thinks for a moment. He soon starts singing. "Dear Jared Kleinman, We've been way in touch. Things have been crazy, and it sucks that used to fight so much." He stops singing. I was about to say something when JD, butts in.

"But I should tell you that I think of you each night, I rub my nipples and start moaning with delight!" He jokes.

"Why would you sing that?!" Christine yells at him.

"I'm just try to tell you truth." He shrugs. Ugh!

"You know, if you’re not going to take this seriously-" JD cuts her off. Okay why do I feel deja vu?

"Okay, you need to calm yourself." JD tells her.

"This has to be convincing, okay? They need to prove to Evan that they are actually friends." She folds her arms. "This song needs to be realistic."

"There is nothing unrealistic about the love that one man feels for another. In fact, some would say there’s something quite beautiful-." This time Christine cuts him off.

"This could be beautiful if you stop interrupting!" She calms down a bit. "Now Connor can you finish please?"

Connor looks a little confused. "I've gotta tell you, fighting with you has been hard-"

"Hard?" JD chuckles a little.

"Has been bad."

"Bad?" I roll my eyes when JD interrupts again.

"Has been rough!" Connor states.

"Kinky." Christine was the one to speak this time. I look at her and she quickly covers her mouth.

"And I love talking about life and, other stuff…"

"Very specific." JD rolls his eyes, and sits down on Connor's bed.

"Shut up." I tell him.

"I like my parents-" Connor says.

"Who exactly says that?" I ask him.

"I love my parents, but each days another fight." He takes a deep breath. "If I stop smoking pot, then everything might be alright." He takes my hand that isn't handcuffed. I'll take your advice, I'll try to be more nice. I'll turn it around, wait and see. 'Cause all that it takes is a little re- in- ven- tion! It's easy to change if you give it your a- ten- tion! All you gotta do, is just believe you can be who you wanna be. Sincerely, me." Okay a lot of deja vu.

"Are we done done yet?" I hear JD ask. I'm not really paying attention to him. I just stared at Connor.

"Well it can't just end there Jason Dean." Christine tells him.

I start singing. For some odd reason. "Dear Connor Murphy: yes, I also love our talks. Stop doing drugs, just try to take deep breaths and, go on walks."

"No." I hear JD.

"I'm sending pictures of the most amazing bath bombs."

"No." I hear Christine.

"You'll be obsessed with all my bath bomb expertise..?” I question myself.

"Absolutely not." I hear both Christine and JD laugh.

"Dude, I'm proud of you!Just keep pushing through! You're turning around, I can see…" I just noticed how sweet Connor's blue and brown eyes look. Wait what?

"Just wait and see!" Connor sings.

"'Cause all it takes is a little re- in- ven- tion! It's easy to change if you give it your a- ten-tion! All you gotta do, is just believe you can be who you wanna be, Sincerely, me." We both sing.

"His sister's hot!" JD sings out.

"What the hell!?" We both yell at him.

"My bad." He shrugs.

"Dear Jared Kleinman: Thanks for every note you'll send.” Connor sings.

Dear Connor Murphy: I'm just glad to be your friend." I sing.

"Our friendship goes beyond, your average kind of bond." We both sing out.

"But not because you're gay…" Christine sings.

"No, not because they're gay." JD sings sarcastically.

"We're close, but not that way! The only man that I love is my dad." We both sing.

"Well, anyway!" Connor sings.

"You're getting better every day…" I sing.

"I'm getting better every day!" Connor sings out and actually smiles. A real smile.

"You're getting better, every-" I sing out.

"Day!" Me and Connor sing.

All four of us starts singing. "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! 'Cause all that it takes, is a little re- in- ven- tion! It's easy to change if you give it your a- ten-tion! All you gotta do, is just believe you can be who you wanna be sincerely-"

Me and Connor sings. "Miss you dearly-."

All of us. "Sincerely, me!"

"Sincerely, me…" I sing.

All of us. "Sincerely, me.. Sincerely, me!" Then I realized something. "We can't do that."

"Why not?" Connor asks me.

"That's what me and Evan did when we thought you died." I explained. "What are we going to do?"