Chapter 1: Right Now

Começar do início

I was agile and smart and they were slow and dumb. I learned to never be afraid when I saw one. I also learned that having leftovers of them on you made them forget you more. It made it easier for you to get past them. My heart would race but my mind would be okay and that's how I learned to survive. After getting inside I found clothes that fit me. I looked anorexic. At that point I had no food or water, just weapons, and there wasn't many animals around nowadays.

The stores looked ransacked already but I was always ready for something more. I stepped around looking for any sign of food or water. It didn't rain a lot here, wherever I was. I wished it did. After rummaging the back I found some old canned Lima beans. No wonder they were left, but I was hungry. I ate them as fast as I could. Who knew the one thing I hate most would be the most appetizing thing in the world. Then again, when I ate that dog food one time I wasn't complaining. I took the time to take out my pen. I pulled up my sleeve to reveal tick marks. So far I had about 24 and with this town that ads another six. I officially had 30. I didn't keep track because I was afraid, but because they were people I had freed from the terrible fate.

I left the store with nothing but another can of Lima beans, clothes, and what I already had. I walked out and saw a hooded figure with two munchers on chains.

And that lead me to right now.

"Don't move." The figure warned. It sounded like a woman. She had a large sword pointing at me. It seems like some sort of Katana. I'd only ever seen it in movies. It sorta reminded me of Mulan.

I put my hands up and dropped my knife in my hand. There was still one in my boot and my back pocket as well as the ones in my bag, but she didn't have to know that.

"Did you kill all these walkers?" She asked looking around.

"Most of them yeah." I answered softly in my country sounding accent. I didn't want her to think I was intimidating. The more innocent I seemed the better it was for me. But the blood and guts in my hair probably set her off a little.

"By yourself? Where is your family?" She asked confusion in her voice. The munchers, or walkers as she would say, that she carried around were growling behind her.

"They are gone. It's just me. It's been that way for a while." I replied simply adding a small whimper to my voice.

"What do you have in your bag?" She asked flicking her katana lightly.

"I- I have a blanket, a pen, a can of Lima beans, some medicine-"

"What kind of medicine?" She cut me off. I was glad she was too.

"Painkillers and other stuff." I responded my hands getting tired from being in the air so long.

"How old are you?" She asked simply.

"I might be thirteen." I said looking to her.

"Might be?" She questioned me with more force in her voice then needed.

"I haven't really been able to keep track of time." I replied with a bit of sass but quickly smiled sweetly trying to not get on her has bad side.

"Follow me." She said as she uncovered her hood. She was dark brown with dreads with a clear resting bitch face.

"Can I grab my knife?" I asked as she kept her katana facing me. She nodded once and I picked it up putting it in my pocket.