Chapter 1

Shraddha's POV

"Alia I still can't believe you're getting married!" I exclaim.

"Now things will never be the same!" Parineeti says.

"Well I just can't wait to wear my designer lengha on the mendhi!" Kriti says.

"I'm telling you, you are trapped. Men are trouble!" Jacqueline says.

"Guys of course things will stay the same. We don't live together but we still manage to see each other every week. And Jacqueline Varun is so sweet. He's not like other guys." Alia replies.

"Said no one ever." Jacqueline says.

"Yeah but once you're married everything will change. Honeymoon then dates with your hubby and then a kid and maybe even a dog! You'll be too busy for us!" Taapsee says.

"Guys soon it will be time for you guys. Taapsee is with Ranbir, Kriti with Sushant and Parineeti with Ayushman Jacqueline... on and off with John. Now there's only one left."

Suddenly all their eyes divert to me.

"What?! No no no! Ain't nobody going to marry me!" I protest.

"Come on Shraddha not all guys are bad. Take me and Sushy for instance." Kriti says.

"Sushy for instance." Jacq mimicks. "Girll you're right aint no body gonna give you the love you deserve."

"So John gives you?" Parineeti scoffs.

"We are on a break." Jacqueline argues.

"Which break are you talking about? The one you had 2 weeks ago, on tuesday or today?" Taapsee asks.

"Its complicated." Jacqueline says.

"Come on guys you know how my last relationship went." I say.

"Just because one man cheated on you doesnt mean all guys will." Parineeti says.

"Maybe you'll find someone in my wedding week." Alia winks.

"Shut up guys!" I say.

Suddenly Alia looks at her phone and squeals.

"My online countdown just beeped! There's now 11 days, 22 hours and 48 minutes till my wedding!"

Jacqueline rolls her eyes.

"Oh well come on we have to pick up your engagement lengha from the tailors."

Tomorrow is the engagement and I'm so excited!

The next day...

"You look beautiful Alu." I say as she puts on her earring.

"Oh Shradhs I'm so happy. You know every girl dreams of their big day and mine is so close. And I couldn't have had a better best girl." She says squeezing my hand.

Then Varun rings her.

She reaches for it but I stop her.

"Don't break the tradition! No communication till you see him today."

"Urgh fine!"

"How do we look?!" Taapsee says as her Jacq Parineeti and Kriti stride in.