Dust Bunnies

It was atrocious, there was spider webs everywhere and dust on every horizontal piece of furniture.

"Wow, this place needs some work." I said to myself as I swiped a finger across the surface of the kitchen counter, leaving behind a streak.

There were some stains on the carpet, the walls, and ceiling. I had no idea where those came from and I honestly didn't want to know.

This would take days to clean all by myself.

I quickly pulled out my phone and opened up my notes, making a list of all the things I'd need to buy to fix this crazy mess.

I finished inspecting the rest of the house and much to my relief, I found most of the furniture in the house covered in plastic tarps or in plastic bags.

The outside needed to have the bushes trimmed and the leaves raked up, and the grass definitely needed mowing.

I sighed

It was only eight in the morning but I just knew I'd have a long day, and and an even longer week.

I finished making up my list and hopped back in the car and drove to the nearest store.

I pulled out my list as I walked into the store, making sure to grab a shopping cart along the way.

"Alright, let's start with things I'll need around the whole house. A vacuum, cleaning spray, sponges, water buckets, brooms and a mop." I said as I began walking around.

I had spent hours in the store, going through aisle by aisle just to make sure I didn't miss anything for the cleaning part of the house.

I'd also bought things I'd need to live like cooking pots and pans, cooking utensils, curtains, bed sheets, laundry basket and soap.

I didn't realize just how much I truly needed until I got to the store and realized I had nothing. I know there was some things I'd probably forgotten so I'd be back for other things once the house was all cleaned up.

When I made it back home I carried all the cleaning supplies into the house and started by dusting off all the furniture. I barley finished with the living room when a knock came on the door.

For a split second I thought it might have been my father, thinking he found out about what I'd done and was here to bring me back already. But then I remembered my mother would have told me if that was the case.

Not knowing who it could be I walked up to the front door and looked through the peep hole. Well I tried to anyway, there was so much dirt inside the small hole that I couldn't even see through it. I clicked my tongue irritably and swung the door wide open, revealing four girls, all around my age.

My irritation disappeared.

"Hi, we noticed you moved in, we live a few houses down. My name is Lisa, these are my roommates and best friends, Jennie, Jisoo, and Rose. We wanted to introduce ourselves and welcome you to the neighborhood!" Lisa said, her excitement rolling off her in waves.

I didn't know what to say!

"Thank you so much! My name is Ari, I would welcome you inside but..." I trailed off opening the door a bit wider to show the embarrassing mess.

"Holy shit! It looks like a tornado went through here! Do you want some help? It'll get done a lot faster if we all work together." Rose said as she looked to the other girls who rapidly nodded their heads, the four of them smiling.