Chapter 22 | Men's Clothes and A Pretty Dress

Start from the beginning

"Well yes, I just told you. I think Miss Bellemore here would be fairly the same size, so get going." He orders.

"Miss Bellemore? Wher-? Oh. Didn't see you there." She mumbles to herself as she catches sight of me.

"Apparently." I smirk, all too familiar with the likes of her. She smiles sheepishly at me, glancing at Calum slyly.

"Won't you help us with the dress, Calum?" She pleads, her huge eyes shining like a puppy. Personally, I felt like she had more resemblance to a frog.

"No." Curt.

"Oh, come on. You just have to sit and give advice." Desperate.

Calum Achorn looks at me, his face calm, but his eyes begging me for an escape. My smirk grows wider.

"We would appreciate your help, Mr Achorn." I say, smiling sweetly at him.

He scowls, giving me a glare that promised eternal damnation, but I wasn't fazed. It served him right for giving me men's clothes.

"Fine." He sighs, giving up, when he realises that I wasn't going to back down.

"Yay!" Valerie jumps with utmost happiness.

I grin in triumph.

~•~

[Calum Achorn]

If someone told me a few days ago that I would be sitting in a women's trial room, watching Ambrosia Bellemore try on several dresses for my sister's birthday, I would have given him my 'The Stare' until he'd have given up and walked out on his own.

But here I was.

I grit my teeth in disgust, watching the clock on the overhead wall with impatience as the two ladies argued over some trivial matter.

"Come on, Ambrosia! Come out!" Valerie, a friend of Timothy's, and an overly insistent woman, pleads.

"No!"

"But why?" Valerie moans.

"Because I look like a troll." A muffled voice groans from inside.

A chuckle escapes my lips but I cover it quickly with a cough.

"Well it can't be that bad! My best designer made that dress."

"A troll in a pretty dress." Ambrosia amends. Valerie sighs in defeat, turning to me for assistance.

"Ambrosia Bellemore, the time you waste here will be cut off from your paycheck. So I suggest you come out right now." I order, looking back into my phone.

Just then, a text from Timothy pops up.

"Poopy says hello!" It reads, and attached to it is a picture of a muddy brown terrier and a girl, who probably is Caecelia. The dog is smiling into the camera, and Caecelia, well her face is contorted and her eyes are crossed and she's doing weird gestures with her hands.

I sigh.

"You named your dog poopy?" I type and hit send.

"Holy malarial parasites." I hear Valerie gush in surprise, and maybe with a tinge of jealously. My head snaps up to look at the reason for her reaction and..

Lord save me.

~•~

Yeah, I made valerie say Holy malarial parasites. Sue me, I hate Biology.

Sorry for the late update! Do vote and comment.