I looked down and sighed in relief as I realized it wasn't glowing with those deadly lights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok ok ok ok" Christina said as she poured another shot.

"You ready for the news?" She said, slurring her words. We were all pretty drunk at this point, expect for Rebecca who was the designated driver, and pregnant.

"We decided" Anna said as she put down her sweet alcoholic drink.

"So I'm pregnant as you all know" Rebecca said as she placed her hand on her belly. She had ordered a plate of nachos, her type of fun for the night.

"Mmm" I slurred as I giggled at how dumb we were being.

"Yes yes" Christina said as she nodded lazily.

"Well, we decided to have a baby shower back in my home and we want you to come Lola" Rebecca said with a huge and hopeful smile.

Rebecca's family was from England. London to be exact and although she wasn't raised there, she still considered it her home.

"Oh" I said as I hiccuped from the alcohol.

Rebecca looked at me with sad eyes as she realized I wasn't going to agree. But I was drunk and stupid and happy for my friend.

"Of course I'll go Rebecca" I said as I placed my hand gently over hers, giving her a warm and drunk smile. I don't think Rebecca knew I was this drunk to ask me any important decision taking questions.

The two other girls cheered at my response, something I didn't know I would regret really soon.

"Thank you!" I waved drunkly from the main entrance of my apartment. I saw Rebecca's faint hand waving back, the snowy car windows making it difficult to see her. I stumbled a bit inside, not completely drunk anymore, but still a little groggy and dizzy.

I walked into the elevator with no problem and was surprised to see myself pressing my floor button. I laid against the wall with my eyes closed as I felt the elevator begin to go up.

When I heard the familiar ding, I walked out of the elevator, fumbling for my keys. Once I found the exact key I was looking for, I opened my apartment door, letting myself inside.

My eyes widened in surprise as I saw Penny sitting still on the couch, looking straight ahead at the blank tv. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I closed the door behind. I felt myself begin to sober up.

"You're back" he said blankly, not looking at me at all.

"Oh, yeah" I said awkwardly as I fondled with my hair. I looked down at the floor, waiting for him to speak up again.

"Did you have fun?" He said now facing me. He gave me a toothy grin but it didn't seem genuine like before.

"Lots" I said as I put my bag down and began to take off my coat. I started to head towards my bedroom and I heard Penny behind me, hot on my heels.

"Mine!" He said loudly as he grabbed onto my arms and turned me around forcefully.

"First of all, Ow" I said looking at him confused and stern at the same time. I grabbed his hands and forced him to let go of my arms. I backed up a bit, trying to recollect myself.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked as he sniffed the air.

"You don't smell good" he said sounding a bit sad

"You don't smell the same" he said as his eyes turned into a baby blue. His left eye began to drift away a bit, always giving him an innocent look.

"I got a little drunk"  I admitted as I looked at him for his response. He looked at me a bit confused but soon came to the realization.

"Also" I said growing more nervous by the second.

"I'm going to be going on a trip very soon" I said slowly, making sure he understood every word that came out of my mouth.

"We're" he corrected me as his eyes narrowed in anger.

"Nooo, just me" I responded as I shook my head slowly. I saw his face pout at my words.

"You can't go" he snapped.

"Pen-" I began to say before he cut me off.

"I .said. You. Aren't. Going." He said sternly.

"We can't be far apart!" He said as he slammed his hand onto the wall forcefully. I yelped a bit at the sudden contact. I then began to feel the familiar sensation in my chest. I didn't even bother looking down because I knew what it was.

Penny's chest glowed and he was quick to point it out.

"Not far apart" he said slowly this time.

"It'll only be for a couple days" I said as I walked towards him, cupping his face in my hands. I placed my forehead onto his, taking in his sweet scent.

"Understand that I still have to do normal human things Penny" I sighed.

"When is soon?" He asked as he looked into my eyes.

"Couple days" I said biting my lip. He looked like he  as about to throw a fit but went against it.

He got up, walking backwards.

"Not safe" he said as he pointed his finger towards me. I sighed and closed my eyes at his stubbornness. When I reopened them, he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~

I pulled my small luggage through the bedroom up to the door. I was to meet the girls at the airport in an hour and I still wasn't done packing. I quickly made my way back into the bedroom and began looking for my passport.

"Where is it, where is it?!" I asked frantically as I rummaged through my drawers. I heard shuffling behind me and I knew exactly who it was.

I turned around and placed a hand on my hips as I looked at him in disapproval.

"You're not going to stop me" I said before I turned around and continued to look through my room for my passport.

I looked back at Penny in confusion when he didn't answer me. He was looking straight down at the bed with amusement on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows as I made my way towards him, looking directly where he was looking. My eyes widened as I realized Penny had destroyed some type of paper or important paperwork.

"My passport!" I yelled as my hands reached for the mess.

"Ow!" I yelped as I felt something sharp cut me. I looked closely at the mess and sighed in relief and frustration as I realized it was not my passport Penny had destroyed, but rather my school ID. He didn't know the difference. He didn't know better.

I looked back at Penny angrily as I walked past him.

"Child" I murmured under my breath as I continued to look for my passport. Penny looked confused as he realized his plan had failed and he had destroyed the wrong document. I felt myself almost cry in relief as I saw the familiar booklet. I quickly grasped it in my hand, shoving it in my back pocket and covering it over with my long sweater.

"Ok" I said as I slapped my thighs lightly.

"I'm ready" I said as I made my way towards the front door. Penny shuffled behind me trying to get me to stop.

"No no no go" he said as his gloved hands grabbed at my arms.

"Penny LET GO" I scolded as I squirmed myself out his grasp.

"No go please" he said with a look of deep worry on his face. My eyes widened as I saw him fall onto his knees, his arms laying neatly beside him. They swayed a bit as he looked at me with anger and sadness.

I grabbed my suitcase before I changed my mind at his softness and began to walk out the door.

"No go" Penny said one last time, I looked back at him and I could've sworn it looked as if he was about to cry but my mind told me that was impossible. I swallowed down the lump in my throat, trying not to cry at how bad I was hurting him. With one swift movement, I closed the door shut, leaving him alone on the other side.