Chapter Seventeen: Emory's Promise and Morgandy's Spill

Start from the beginning

Many of the Gryffindor Team were flying above on their brooms as they played a small game of tag, laughing and dodging each other every other second.

Emory interrupted their fun, "come on guys, we've got a big game in the next two hours."

The team came down and joined the rest of the team on the floor of the pitch.

"What's the plan?" Vincent asked.

"Andre, you, Theo, Vincent and Edison are going to go up and practise your defending. There is no way in hell that you're going to allow either Earl, Ahern or Carr to get the quaffle through any of the three hoops, got it?" Emory pointed and waved all over the place, pointing back and forth from the hoops to the team, "every year people look forward to our matches against Ravenclaw, because they always lose, they have not won a match against us for nearly 9 years."

"That's because we've always had the best Keepers and the best Seeker," Theodore pointed towards Franko and Emory, smiling brightly at them.

"Will you ever stop sucking up to people?" Elowen turned to him as she rolled her eyes.

Theodore was the only one not laughing, you could tell that he was mortified, just by the look on his face and the way his cheeks quickly started turning bright crimson.

"I don't suck up to anyone," Theodore quickly spat out trying to defend himself.

"Let's be honest here mate, you kind of do," Edison spoke whilst he scrunched up his nose and put an arm around Theodore's shoulder.

"But, I don't I like giving people praise?" Theodore stood there looking confused, "it came out more like a question than anything, but, I do like giving people praise, it helps boost their confidence."

"Good one, mate," Edison pulled his arm away and tapped him on the shoulder.

Seconds later, Franko, Vincent and Edison were all up in the air flying towards the hoops.

"Come on, Theo. We've got a game to win," Franko yelled down to the remaining group of four.

Theodore grabbed the quaffle out of Emory's hands and quickly got onto his broomstick, flying up to the three boys.

The group of three watched as Theodore rushed up and threw the ball to the furthest hoop. They thought for a split second that Franko was going to miss it but he soon dived toward the hoop and knocked it with the back of his broomstick to Vincent. The group watched as every time Franko defended the ball and not miss a single hit.

"Right, you two," Emory turned to the girls and handed them their bats, "we'll go up to the boys as a surprise attack with the bludgers, you'll be defending Franko whilst he is defending the goals, got it?"

Elowen and fellow beater Geraldine Ainsworth, yet another cousin of Nicole and Franko Andre, both nodded and took their bats from Emory's hand and climbed onto their brooms and flew up to the boys.

Emory grabbed the bludger out of the Quidditch chest and launched it up into the air.

He too got onto his broomstick and followed the bludger up to the hoops.

Elowen saw the bludger coming straight at Franko and dived into action. She flew past Franko as he stopped yet another goal to the annoyance of the three chasers and headed straight for the bludger.

Emory watched as the closer the bludger got, the more concentrated Elowen became. The bluger came within reach of Elowen and she brought her arm back only to bring it back forward with a load of power and sent the bludger flying across to the other side of the field. The bludger went through the middle hoop which caused the lot of them to stop and to start clapping.

[1] prophecy → tom riddle [EDITING]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara