"Don't worry Mr. Dixit, I'll accompany her if you are scared", said John chuckling over his own words while Dev's face filled with horror. He was definitely not a fan of those adventures but he should do this atleast to protect his girlfriend from this stupid John.

"She is mine and I know to accompany her. So you please stay out of this", Dev said holding her by her waist. Sonakshi was looking blankly at both of them and wondered why is Dev so possessive about her!

But she wanted to irk him more and she thought he deserved this after what he did already. "Let's all go together. It'll be fun", she said and rushed in, leaving a fuming Dev behind.

Dev's POV:
The instructor asked us to settle inside the raft in a group of four. But since there were only 3 of us, a boy from another group of foreigners joined us.

I saw sonakshi already being seated inside the raft. I was about to settle beside her but before that, that stupid jerk John sat down beside her and smirked at me.

I felt like taking the oar and beating him up until he bleed profusely. But I don't want to make any scene there. So I just went and took the seat opposite to them.

It was then, that boy came and sat beside me. He gave me a warm smile and I reciprocated the same. He looked quite younger than us.

"Mathew, from London", he said forwading his hand. "Dev Dixit", I replied shaking my hand with him. He was quite good looking but I should admit that he looked a little weird!

"She is Sonakshi, my girlfriend", I said authoritatively, ofcourse to irk John. His face was worth watching then. She mouthed a hi to him and all were ready to put on our life jackets. "You know what Mathew, Mr. John is also from London", I said to him and I could see his eyes glistening. What? Wait, what was that? Is it just because they are from the same country? May be yes. But I could sense that something is different with him. "Mathew can you please help me?", I asked him and he nodded. "Can you please sit that side, letting sonakshi here. Please?", I requested and he smiled in affirmation. He is sweet.

"Ms. Sonakshi can you please come this side. I'm not comfortable being seated this side as the raft will move backwards", he asked making a good excuse and sonakshi accepted it without any other thought. She came and sat beside me and it's now my chance to smirk at John. He looked at me with all his hatred and I enjoyed it silently. "Hi Mr. John. It's good to meet you", Mathew said and shook his hand with him. He mouthed a hi and I could see him becoming uncomfortable with the hand shake. Seriously? What is there to become uncomfortable in shaking hand with a boy. This John only loves to be with girls and even touch of a boy makes him feel bad. Strange!

And finally, now it's time to move. All of us took the oars in our hands and were ready to fight with the violent currents of the river.

As the raft started moving, it was constantly pushed by the waves and it almost shook us. All of us were losing our balance.

And the best thing happened then. Sonakshi lost her balance and fell on me completely. Though she struggled to get up, she could never able to do that. I was holding her securely in my arms, mentally dancing without caring about the surroundings. To be honest this was the thing that I enjoyed the most in this river rafting!

After a while, she composed herself and settled down on her seat. She looked a little nervous and I could see the blush on her face that she was trying to hide. It proves that even if she is angry on me, she could never be unaffected by me.

It was then I realized that there were two other people with us in the same raft. I turned around and was shocked to see the scene infront of me. I saw Mathew completely upon John and John trying to push him. Now, though our raft is in a balanced position, they both were still it an bad position. I saw john struggling under Mathew, and eyeing me to help him up. Or should I say pleading me? I enjoyed seeing his pity state for a few minutes and then helped him in getting up. The rest of the ride was comparatively peaceful one for us but not for John as Mathew kept clinging on him throughout the journey. As the ride came to an end, we got out of the raft one by one. I came out and gave my hand to sonakshi. Though she hesitated at first, she eventually gave in. But the most surprising thing was even after getting out, Mathew was never ready to leave john. Strange!