Chapter 13- Surprise

"Babe! Come here!" Shawn yelled.

I walked out of the bathroom and over to him. He handed me his phone and I looked at it. My jaw dropped.

"Oh my gosh that's amazing!"

2 million followers on our vine account. 'Johndes' hit 2 million freaking followers! What?!

"I know! We just made this account like 4 weeks ago. We got 2 million followers in a month", he said.

Wow. One month.

"Our fans are amazing", I said.

"And crazy."

I grabbed my phone off the bed and went to the Johndes twitter account.

@Johndes: Thank you guys for 2 million followers on vine. You're all so amazing and supportive. We love you!

Within a minute we had hundreds of responses.

@nashislife: @Johndes u guys are better as a team!

@o2lfan: @Johndes Johndes should be more than just a vine account

@magcongirl3: @Johndes ur so much better together

There were so many more tweets saying stuff like that. Everyone thinks we're better as a duo than solo artists. I guess that's true. Both of our voices are great separate, but when you put them together they blend so perfectly. Shawn and I have such an amazing musical connection.

I hand Shawn my phone and he reads the tweets.

"They're right. We can and should make this so much more than a vine account", he said.

"I agree. But when you think about it, we as solo artist aren't anything more than viners. I mean, we perform at Magcon, but that's only because we're vine famous. We aren't really anything more than famous viners", I said.

"That's true. So that's exactly why we should make our duo something bigger than just a vine account. And Magcon is amazing, but there's just so much more out there to experience. Why not experience it together, while doing the thing we love most?"

"Yeah, but how would we do that? We're just viners", I told him.

"Did you not hear anything I just said? And since when are you so pessimistic?" he asked.

"I did hear what you said and you're so right, but my question is how? How do we go from vine to concerts? And I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic."

"So am I. This could be real. Both of us write music. Why let the most we do with our original songs be posting them on YouTube? We could be so much more!"

He's not getting the point. I want to do all of those things. I know we can be so much more than viners, but I just don't know how. I know we can do this. The fans believe in us, we believe in us, our friends believe in us, but we need a plan.

"I know", I said. "So what's the first step?"

He though for a few seconds. "I don't know", he said.

"Exactly."

"Well, I guess the first step would be recording a demo, then finding a producer to listen to it", he said.

I nodded. "Sounds good."

"Yep. But for now we have to get ready to rock Magcon before we can rock the stadiums."

I laughed and walked back into the bathroom to finish putting on my make up. Shawn followed me and sat on the counter next to the sink.

"So what are you singing today?" he asked.

I smiled. "It's a surprise."

"No fair! I told you what I'm singing."

"Sweetheart, life isn't fair", I replied.

He just glared at me and I laughed.

"It's not funny", he said.

"Yes it is."

After I finished my make up, Shawn and I went back into the room. He was already dressed in khaki pants and a red Magcon hoodie. The outfit is very simple, but it looks so perfect on Shawn. But as for me, I still hadn't decided what I was wearing. I needed Shawn's help.

"Okay, so I'm not sure what to wear", I said. I help up all my options. "Do you like the grey skinny jeans or the lavender shorts?"

"You look perfect in both", he said smiling.

"Awww you're so sweet! But I need you to decide", I said.

He laughed and said, "Grey skinnies."

"What shirt", I asked holding up two options.

He chose a white Rolling Stones shirt. It had red and black on it and I had cut off the sleeves a while back.

I went into the bathroom to change. I slipped on my grey converse and a black flower halo.

"You look beautiful", he said.

"Thank you!" I said smiling.

He took my hand and intwined our fingers and we left the room.

...

Taylor handed me the mic.

"Hey guys", I yelled into the mic.

They all screamed back hi.

"So as you guys know, Shawn and I sing duets together and sometimes he sings to me. Well I realized that I've sung about him, but I've never really sung to him. So all my songs today are going to be for my wonderful boyfriend, Shawn."

I looked over and he was smiling. I took his hand and led him over to my piano seat. He sat on the right and I sat on the left.

"Umm, I know this is a little late, but I hope you like it", I said.

I adjusted the mic on my piano and started playing. As soon as I started singing, he smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. Heart On Fire by Jonathan Clay was one of his favorite songs.

"I'm falling in, I'm falling down

I wanna begin

But I don't know how

To let you know, how I'm feeling

I'm high on hope

I'm reeling

I won't let you go, now you know

I've been crazy for you all this time

I've kept it close

Always hoping

With a heart on fire, a heart on fire

With a heart on fire, a heart on fire."

When I finished the song, the crowd clapped and cheered.

"Did you like it?" I asked him.

"Of course. That was beautiful, as always", he said.

I smiled and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and kissed me on the cheek.

I was glad he liked it, but I felt bad for not singing to him before. But it didn't look like he cared about that. I'm just happy he liked it.

I continued to sing to Shawn until it was his turn. I sang If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys, and Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift.

When it was Shawn's turn, he sang You and Me by Lifehouse, Fall by Justin Bieber, and Drunk by Ed Sheeran.

For the duets, we sang Beautiful by Carly Rae Jepsen and Justin Bieber, Rhythm of Love by The Plain White Ts, and Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran.