Chapter 1 - Sent.

I skimmed over the love letter again. My heart was spazzing out in my chest. No heart. I thought, hoping to calm my nerves while I printed out my letter and spritzed it with a tiny spot of vanilla perfume. I am not mailing it. I tossed the letter in with the rest of them and wheeled around in my chair.

"Abby! Your bus will be here soon!" My mom shouted, lightly knocking on my door.

I quickly slung my bag over my shoulder and hunched over to check my wall mirror for the latest news on my face.  Acne all over my forehead, stupid dimple on my right cheek, and bags under my eyes. Adding to the fact I was only 5'2" and not likely to grow anytime soon, I was a real turn on.

I sighed and ran a hand through my knotty hair before dashing down the stairs after my bus. "Wait!" I shouted, waving my hands spasmodically. My bus driver refused to look back.

"Thanks a lot." I screamed to the sky. "Stupid karma gods.." I mumbled.  

Obnoxious laughter filled the air and I cringed. "Really, Abby, still on that karma god thing?"  

"Shut up Travis." I yelled back, my face heating up. "I hope you drown in a ditch."  

"Ouch." He shot back. "That one almost hurt." He stuck out his tongue as his car sped off.  

Stupid boy. I mumbled to myself. He'd been plaguing me with his stupidity since -- since well forever. I kicked off my flip flops and jogged the rest of the way to school. God, I hope I'm not a sweaty pool of ick by the time I arrive.  

I stopped at the front doors and slipped my shoes on before dashing inside. "You're late." The secretary yelled at me. I flashed her an awkward smile. "Nice to see you too Gertrude." I fluffed up my hair before entering the depths of hell, AP Lit.   

The classroom was in full swing, our teacher was missing, probably making out with the janitor in some deep dark corner, whilst the students destroyed the room. It was basically, your average day. I took my seat behind the glorious godly figure whom I was just a tad obsessed with. I pondered whether to say hi or not. Maybe hello would be acceptable. Hey? Hola? What's up? WHAT THE HECK DO I SAY TO THE GUY? Heck, the only thing I could picture was bowing down to him and perhaps kissing his shoes. Maybe with a little tongue....I shook my head furiously. No, that wouldonly scare him off.  

 I sighed and rested my head against my hand. Maybe I'd gather the guts to talk to him tomorrow.

                                                                                               ~

I stormed up the stairs, my brown hair fluttering around me like a lion's mane. I tossed my bag in the hallway and hoped it wouldn't break anything valuable before tackling my bed. "Home sweet home." I mumbled, pulling the box of sour patch kids from underneath my pillow. I poured a couple in my mouth, while searching with my eyes for the box.  

The box I had all my love letters in.  

The box that I had adressed to the boy I worshipped--      

  -- was gone. 

  I screamed and lept off my bed, sending a bunch of sour patch kids to fly out of the box and scatter about my room. I dialed my mom's work phone furiously, throwing things around my room.  

"Hello --" My mother greeted, happily.

  "Mother!" I screeched. "Where's the box with all my letters in it?"  

"It was sitting out in your room and it was addressed and everything so I --"   

"You what?" I questioned, screaming into the phone.

"What?"   The static cleared and she began again. "I sent it."  

My life...was so over.     

  Author's Note: So here is my new book :3 I've been wanting to start on it for awhile <3 I really like it and I have sooo many ideas for it. BEAR WITH ME NOW ;D Comment. Vote? And all that jazz. c: