CHAPTER 2 - BELTS AND LACES

They both wore the same happy smile when they parted, the confessions had been made and both of them felt relieved that they didn't have to hide their feelings anymore.

"Would you like to return to the party?" Caspian asked as he took her hand in his, placing a delicate kiss on her knuckles.

Elise just cringed her nose at the suggestion, slightly shaking her head. "I would much prefer to stay here."

"Me too." he murmured softly, still refusing to let go of her hand as their eyes locked together in an intense stare for like a hundred time that evening.

Elise then broke apart, withdrawing her hand from his along the way. "But they will be looking for you." she advised woefully.

"Who?" he gave her a puzzled look.

She only chuckled, "Everybody."

Caspian inhaled deeply and after that slowly breathed out. "I believe they all will understand their king become pretty tired." he smirked in triumph but Elise's face went blank. "Yes, we had better go to sleep and get ready for tomorrow." The anguish and despair due to her leaving returned with full force and she moved even more away from him. Twirling her arm around one of the four posters of her bed she firmly gripped the wood and leaned her head against it, trying hard to keep the fresh tears at bay.

It had taken him a couple of seconds before he registered the meaning of her words which then prompted him to rush to her side and grab her waist to make her turn around and face him. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears and she attempted to fake a smile.

Caspian tenderly brushed away a rebellious teardrop from her cheek, "Elise, can't you see? This is the reason why you have been brought here." She was gazing up at him, expectantly. "The land needed its rightful king. And now, the king needs his beloved queen."

Elise let out a small laugh of relief, everything made sense now, it was like all the pieces of the great puzzle had clicked together at that moment. He pulled her closer into a loving embrace. "I won't let you go, my love. If that is what you truly wish." She leaned back a little, offering him her most genuine smile, "Caspian, there is nothing I wish more than to stay here, with you."

He wasn't able to hold back any longer and leaned down to seize her mouth with another kiss. But this time he seemed to be more eager and urgent. Elise parted her lips for him and captured his lower lip with both of hers, gently sucking on it. She could feel him smile into the kiss before he mimicked her actions and soon their kissing became more intense and passionate. Her tongue slipped into his mouth which took him by surprise but it only encouraged him to give in to his desire and to try out his own tricks. Their tongues began to dance together, swirling against each other, alternately battling for dominance. Their breathing became ragged and when they eventually parted, they both were panting from the load of mutual excitement.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Elise asked just above a whisper, her voice raspy from the lack of air in her lungs.

A wide and hopeful grin was plastered on Caspian's face when she had said that, "I just wanted to ask you the same question."

They stared at each other in utter silence, their eyes continuing the conversation instead. Elise bit her lip as she had started to blush profusely and burried her face into his chest in attempt to hide it from him.

"You don't have to feel shy in front of me, my love. I won't do anything you would not want me to do, you know." he reassured her while gently stroking her back.

She turned her head slightly but did not dare to look up, "But what if I want you to do it?"

"Then please know I am ready to satisfy all your heart's desires." he declared resolutely.