I

MR. & MRS. JONES

Betty and Jughead, the most dangerous love story ever told.

🔱🔱🔱

Chapter One: The Beginning of the End

COOPER

Footsteps echoed through the hallways, joyous laughs following the sound of heels clashing against the marble floor. Veronica Lodge and I have been best friends for as long as we could remember, and as the years went by, our friendship has remained constant. Nothing came between us—we are inseparable, much like sisters with different mothers.

Our mothers, like us, were the best of friends—kindred spirits since the day they first met. I figured that was the reason behind my friendship with Veronica. Ever since the Lodges moved back to Riverdale from New York City, which was a few months after our birth, our families spent a lot of time together and we grew closer to each other up to the point where we can't spend a day without feeling each other's presence.

"I'm so glad we left that stupid dance!" Veronica spoke, her lips curved into a wide grin as we jogged down the hall, hands intertwined. "My date was such a complete asshole. I can't believe he ditched me to go hit on Cheryl!" she scoffed lightly, turning her head to look at me as we started slowing down, pushing open the doors of Riverdale High. We stepped out into the darkness of the night, letting the cold breeze brush past us, raising goosebumps on our skins.

"If he thinks that Cheryl is better than you, then he's a...a dumb jerk!" I replied, my mind cringing at my choice of words. Unlike many kids at my age, I hated curse words. The perfect girl instilled by my mother in me whines at every dirty word that leaves my lips, and dumb jerk are two of those words that my mother wouldn't want in my vocabulary.

"Trust me, B, I know he is." Veronica rolled her eyes as she headed straight for the passenger seat of my car. I dug for the keys as I walked to the opposite side of the car while the raven girl reached down into her purse to grab her phone. "Kevin's asking us to meet him at Pop's, you think your mom will be okay with you being out this late at night?"

Well, no.

It was already past midnight the last time I stole a glance at the clock in one of the hallways at school—I was supposed to be home at least thirty minutes ago. It's a miracle that my mom hasn't blown up my phone with calls and texts yet, demanding for me to come home or she'll ground me for a few more weeks. Besides that, she will never miss an opportunity to remind me of the rules that we Cooper girls have to follow.

Always be early, not on time and certainly not late.

Don't come home late at night.

Straight A's or don't bother coming home at all.

No boys, unless it's someone that Alice Cooper approves of (and so far, no one has left a good impression on her).

"I'll just tell her that i'm gonna grab some snacks with you. She'll be fine with that." I shrugged and climbed into the driver's seat, letting out a breath of relief as I let my feet rest for a minute. They were worn out from dancing—the men of Riverdale High would never pass up an opportunity to dance with Riverdale's loveliest girls, and apparently, according to Cheryl Blossom and all the other students in school, Veronica and I belong in that category.