Chapter 6

It was the end of the day and I changed into joggers, a crop that said "Wild Child" and some sneakers. Suzue followed behind me with her bookbag clutched tightly in her hands. "Um...can I come to your house?" Suzue asks quietly. "...Hell yeah!" I yell with a jump. "I rarely ever have any guests!" I add with a smile.

"And it's a perfect time since it is friday!" Suzue says with a laugh. "I have manga, movies and anime!" I say clapping my hands. "You can stay the night!" I add merrily.

"We should ask Nana too!" Suzue says looking behind her. Nana was walking with Riku and Takeru. "Hey!" I yell. Nana runs over with a bright smile. "Wanna have a sleepover?" Me and Suzue say, doing jazz hands. "Yeah!" Nana yells. "I need to pack." She adds running off.

"Me too." Suzue says running away. I stared and laughed. "Hey!" Riku says running up to me. Takeru stared at my legs. I backed away slowly. "Hey! You wanna hang out sometime?" Riku asks shyly. "Sure!" I say with a warm smile. "How about Sunday?" I say with a shrug. "Sure!" He says with a blush.

I waited in front of the school gates when Suzue and Nana appeared in a heap of sweat. "We...finally...got here..." Suzue says breathing heavily. "You guys should start running!" I say with a laugh. "Suzue you're only 3 blocks away from the school!" I add. "Easy for you to say!" Suzue says holding her head.

"I still can't believe you're Masuko!" Nana says catching her breath. I shrug and laughed. "Tomorrow I plan on training." I say with a stretch. "Is this too much on your plate?" She asks with worry in her eyes.

"No!" I say reassuring her. "The least you could do is keep Takeru away from me!" I say with a nervous chuckle.

Time skip:

"I love Rei!" Suzue says pointing at the tv screen. Suzue was binge watching the anime she loves while Nana was reviewing runner stats. They wore pajamas and bunny slippers.

"Hey!" Nana says beckoning me over. I sat on the bed with her. "You are extremely fast! You're tied with Takeru!" Nana exclaims as she points at the paper.

"Really?" I asked. "Yeah! You should be proud! He's fast." Nana says skimming through the paper. "Aaaand...commercial break! I'm helping myself to one of your mom's cookies!" Suzue say running out of my room.

"I plan on training the whole day tomorrow." I say with a smile. "Then I'll hang out with Riku." I add laying down. "Oooohhh!" Nana says with a laugh.

"It's not what it sounds like!" I yell turning red. "It sounds like you're going on a date with Riku!" Suzue says peeking in my room.

"He said hang out!" I shot back. "He's clearly interested in you...just accept it." Suzue says nibbling on a cookie. "Aah! It's back on!" She says plopping on a beanbag chair.
"Otaku." I say sticking my tongue out.

I woke up the next morning with a start. Nana was sleeping peacefully in her sleeping bag while I noticed the tv was on. Suzue had a cover over her head. She was mumbling. "Were you up all night watching anime!?" I yell.

"Yesh..." She says, her voice muffled through the cover. "It's called a sleepover you know." I say turning the tv off. I yanked the cover off of her. She was holding bloodied tissue. "No more Free Iwatobi Swim Club for you." I say half disgusted. "I got myself together and put on some running shorts and a sports bra.

"Where are you going?" Suzue asks picking up the bloodied tissues. "I'm going for a run." I say putting my hair in a ponytail. "It's 10:00 in the morning!" Suzue says pointing at my clock.

"I go for a morning run every weekend...ask my mom." I say sprinting out of my room.

The air was refreshing as I stepped outside. The smell of morning air filled my nose as I smiled at the laughter at little kids running. I ran around the block and seen Riku sitting at a table outside of a café. I waved and jogged in place. He ran up to me. He was wearing running clothes as well.

"Hey!" He says jogging in place with me. "Just doing a morning run." I say putting up two fingers. "Wanna hang out today?" Riku asks bright eyed. "I would love to but I'm running today!" I say with a smile. "That was what I meant when I said hang out!" Riku replies with a laugh. I nodded and we ran around the block. I felt someone staring at mr but I shrugged it off and ran with Riku.