ı 10 ı 1864 {3}

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"It was Katherine," I begin slowly. "She um, she-"

I can't finish the sentence as I am afraid I will burst into tears. I hate breaking down in front of my father, as he sees that as weak. Being the despised one in a family of two boys and one girl, he often hated everything that I am just because I'm a girl. He's made it quite clear over the years that he only wanted boys.

"What does Katherine Pierce have anything to do with this?" he asks with a perplexed look upon his face.

"She turned me," I finally confess, looking down at my shoes.

"What are you talking about Ms.Salvatore?" he asks angrily, his brows raised as he slowly inches towards me.

"She turned me into a vampire," I spit out, still not meeting his eyes. I do not want to see his reaction, as I fear it will break my heart.

When he doesn't respond, I decide to continue. "She turned me, and I have spent the last week with James Branson, the man who Stefan and Damon hang out with, your apprentice," I say. "He's my friend and he has helped me."

When my father still doesn't respond I finally lift my head only to find he's not looking at me. I thought that bringing up James would assure him I am alright as I knew my father and him had a respectful trust; then again, my father didn't know he was a vampire, at least until now. I continue talking as I know he's not about to say anything.

"You told me you liked him, that he was a kind man," I try to reason, trying to sugar coat the whole thing. "Look at me father!" I finally scream, tired of him not meeting my eye. For once I have shocked him, made him speechless. I can see in his eyes and his pale expression just how much things have changed. He will always hate me.

"We can get through this! I'll be okay. You need to take care of Katherine, who is the real problem!" I try to explain, fearing for my brother's lives. "I'm still your little girl!" I reason, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"No," my father suddenly says, his eyes slowly looking into mine. "You are not any daughter of mine. As far as I know you are dead and forever will be, just like your mother," he says bitterly.

His words burn into my brain, cut my heart like a knife. Did he really not love me anymore? Did he ever love me?

"Father, it's going to be o-"

"No!" he bellows, his voice booming throughout the house. "You are a problem that I have to take care of!" he yells.

He suddenly begins to march towards me in such anger, that I back right into the wall behind me. Tears swell up in my eyes as I can't believe what is going on. James warned me confronting my father was a bad idea, that coming back to my house was dangerous. I needed to talk to him as he was my father. I needed to come back to see my brothers, to warn them. Now I find myself in a situation where I wish I had listened to James, instead of going behind his back and disappearing.

I shake my head as a tear slips down my cheek. All my hope was lost, and for a second my mother appears in my thoughts. What would she think if she found out I was a vampire?

"Please," I plead with my father as he stands an inch away from me, towering above me. I know the power in which I possess, the strength I could so easily use to push him away. However, I choose to remain still, my mind frozen in fear as it will always be whenever my father is around.

I feel a tingle of pain in my stomach but as I glance down I see nothing is there. I look at my father, watching as he pulls back a needle from my body, filled with some sort of poison: vervain. I remember James telling me about it. A vampire's greatest weakness, nature's attempt to balance out the power vampires possess.