Chapter One: A Slave

"Yes, I have completed the first part of my mission." The man paused waiting for a reply. "Yes, I know what to do next. I sense their presence. They are nearby. We will move on soon." The Vampire glanced at the sudden movement Lana made. She was waking up. "I have to go now." He hung up the phone, walking towards the young woman covered in her own blood.

Lana groaned from the shooting pain from her neck. She opened her eyes quickly as if she remembered what had happened. Her breathing intensified, she was reliving the moment again, the moment of his silver eyes to the red dripping down his lips.

"Good, you're awake." The Vampire nonchalantly stared at her. Lana immediately tried to get up, but something was preventing her from it. Chains rattled from the two corners of the bed where her hands were. "No! NO!" She screamed.

"Scream all you want, nobody will hear you." He shrugged.

"Somebody help! Somebody!" Lana cried. She cried and screamed for an hour straight. Soon, she didn't see the point anymore. Her mouth became dry and crusty from all the screaming. She reeked of dried blood, and her skin was stained red from her neck to her chest. The Vampire only watched her accept defeat.

"You've been out for a full day." He got a bowl of warm water and a white rag. "It's my fault. I was starving, and I fed on you for far too long." The Vampire dumped the rag into the water and squeezed it. He gently placed it on Lana's chest making her shiver from his touch.

"You need to eat or you'll for sure die." He slowly wiped off the blood from her skin.

The only thing on Lana's mind was what she saw. Those fangs. The blood. His silver eyes. A Vampire? The ones in books? The ones that are supposed to be fiction? "I-Is this r-real?" She lowly questioned her sanity.

"As real as that bite on your neck. Want me to remind you?" He teased hearing her heartbeat rise. Lana shook her head, wincing at the painful bite left on her. "I want to free you from those chains, but will you promise to be a good slave if I do?" The Vampire raised an eyebrow.

"Y-yes." Lana sighed.

He wiped off the remaining blood around her neck. The rag was bright red, the water was stained like red wine. He freed her hands from the chains. He knew she was weak, maybe he just wanted to give her hope that she could escape?

Lana's arms began to wobble as she tried to sit up. "I- I need to use the bathroom.."

The Vampire nodded, swooping her off her feet and into the bathroom. He gently puts her down while she balanced herself on the wall. "Do you need help?" The silver eyed monster asked.

"No!" Lana exclaimed. "I want s-some privacy." She glared at him. He nodded. "Of course." He exited the bathroom as Lana struggled to do her business.

It had been twenty minutes and Lana was still in the bathroom. The silver eyed devil glared at the door. What is taking her so long? He bit his lip losing his patience. "Hey, are you alright?" He knocked on the door viciously.

Silence.

"Hey! Open the door!"

Silence.

Lana quietly tried to open the bathroom window, but it was completely sealed shut. She desperately searched for anything hard to fight back with.

"I'm coming in!" The Vampire hissed. The door busted open making the door crack from the sides. Lana quickly hit the monster across the face with the top lid of the toilet seat. The Vampire's face only moved with the direction he was hit. He exposed his fangs appearing in front of her, slamming her body against the wall.

Lana screamed in terror. She shut her eyes preparing to die. The Vampire retracted his fangs and pulled her towards him. "You'll pay for that, slave." He whispered.

"Y-you can't keep me here forever! My parents will come looking for me!" Lana punched his chest. Her punches felt like tickles to him. She looked so cute all vulnerable, so useless.

"Well, I took care of that already." He smirked. "Plus, I don't plan on keeping you here in this shack."

"What did you do to them?! What did you do?!" She kept punching him, and kicking him, throwing a tantrum.

"I erased their memory of you. They have no memory that you ever existed. You're my slave now, you won't need them."

Lana dropped down to the floor. Tears filled her eyes. The feeling of loneliness overcame her.

"Do not worry, it is best they don't get involved. I am your family now, I will take care of you." The silver eyed devil crouched down and placed a kiss on her forehead. There was something about her misery at that moment that made him feel dominant. Soon, she will curl up into a ball by his side, and he would be her protector.

He grabbed a glass and filled it with cold water from the sink. "Drink." He demanded giving her the glass cup. Lana only shook her head staring at the floor. "I said drink." His tone became firm. "Or I'll make you drink it." Lana quickly snatched the cup and drank the water. She gasped, searching for more in the cup. She had no idea how thirsty she was.

The Vampire picked her up and sat her on the chair in the kitchen. He filled the glass cup again and gave it to her. Lana drank it without question. She stared at him, trying to understand. She was terrorized by him, some thing she couldn't understand. Some beast!

"I don't even know your name.." Lana lowly said.

"My name is Dante." The Vampire stared back at her. "I don't have any human food. I don't eat what you eat, the only thing I need is blood." Lana remained quiet. How was he sweet at times and a monster at the same time? She couldn't understand.

"We will get you food soon." Dante placed a gentle hand on her bandaged up bite. He peeled the bandage off walking to his drawer. Lana stared at the mirror across the shack. She could see the bites on her neck, they were purple and badly bruised.

Dante came back placing a new bandage on her. He picked her up from the chair like a doll and placed her on his lap. She was so fragile, so small. Dante could hear her heart pound out of her chest. "There are some decrees I have to go over with you." He moved a piece of light brown hair from her face to the back of her hair. She got goosebumps right away from his touch making her move away.

"Decrees?" Lana uncomfortably sat on his lap. He had long muscular legs, his shoulders were broad and his arms were well built, though his figure looked slim, he felt very built, especially his chest and abs.

"Since you are now my slave nobody can feed from you. I can only feed on you. I am your owner. You do as I command. If you dare feed another vampire with your precious blood I will kill you. Your body, everything that you are is now mine. You are mine, and I won't share you with anyone. I will kill whoever touches you, human or not." Dante glared at her. "Do you understand? Slave."

Lana lowered her head and nodded.

"Good girl." Dante caressed her head. Lana shut her eyes, laying her head on his chest. There was no warmth, no heart beat. He was dead. She was alone. Loneliness and death go hand in hand. She was enslaved to a dead man. This was her fate.