"I....I'm sorry..I didn't mean to." Harry stuttered. He let his head hang low as his Uncle gripped him by the shoulders.

"Don't lie to me boy! You did that on purpose! Breaking Petunias best china! And all that we've done for you, you ungrateful little freak! Turn around!" Harry did as he was told, if not the consequences were far worse. He pulled his top over his head as Vernons belt cracked onto his back, its buckle cutting into his thin skin. He did this until the boy broke down, smirking he grabbed the crying boy by his oversized T-Shirt and shoved him in the cupboard, locking it shut. That night Harry had cried himself silently to sleep.

Harry had woken up before anyone else on this particularly cold August morning, adjusting his abnormally large glasses on his head, he sat up, changing his top to an equally dirty one, though if he didn't change them the cuts on his back would stick to the fabric. Harry liked this time of day best, when everyone else was asleep, and the small slats on the door to the cupboard were open so he could hear the wind through his neighbourhood.

He heard a creak from upstairs, and so the day began.

Every now and then Harry would do something he couldn't explain, and even when he tried, Vernon wouldn't listen to him. One time his Aunt had cut his hair very short and Dudley, Harry's cousin, began to mock him. He knew the kids at his school would laugh at him too and he wished his hair would be back to normal by morning. And come day break, so it was. Harry did know what had happened, it was like ma- Harry isn't supposed to use the 'M' word in the house, or anywhere for that matter. As it would just earn him another punishment.

Uncle Vernon came down stairs, dust releasing itself onto Harry's head with each step, he unlocked Harry's door and banged on it relentlessly.

"WAKE UP FREAK! I'm hungry make me some breakfast." Harry sighed and walked into the kitchen, and began to prepare his only family's meal. As he was delivering the bacon onto his cousins plate, a ration fell onto the floor. His Uncle had been unfortunately looking at him for this.

"Are you trying to poison my son? Pick that up right now and put it in the bin where it belongs." As Harry bent down he heard his Uncle mutter. "Where you belong."

For some reason this made Harry even more mad than when his Uncle called him 'freak' or 'boy' and before he knew it the bacon that had landed on the floor was now hovering next to Vernons face. As his a uncle turned around, he paled and jumped up, this action caused the bacon to fall onto his plate.

Vernon glared at Harry before grabbing him by the arm and smashing him into the wall. Harry fell to the floor, with an almighty crunch.

"How dare you disrespect me like that! Stupid freak! I'd feel sorry for your parents if they weren't already dead. They were freaks like you! It's your fault they're dead." Vernon kicked Harry in the ribs, his fat foot also connected with Harry's head, but thankfully not enough force, as the overweight man had already exerted himself. He picked Harry up again and shoved him in his cupboard, where Harry passed out from the pain. Harry didn't understand, he didn't mean for these things to happen, they just, did.

-

Severus Snape apparated to Private Drive, where the Dursleys residence was located, he scowled at the identical houses and sought out Number 4. He made sure to turn up at a reasonable time, so that if anyone did question why he was there, well lest just say people probably wouldn't ask.