"We are." Don smiled; and then decided to change the subject. "So, have you had a chance to get to know the boys very much?"

Brad nodded. "They're good men; a lot like you. Not much like James."

"Which is a good thing." Don laughed. "One thing I will say about James is he really did love my brothers and their families. For them, I'm glad."

Brad nodded as he continued to eat. "Did you ever resent them for that?"

"Not really." Don shrugged. "My brothers and I have had our ups and downs especially when they would accuse Meryl of things James did which was uncalled for. But, he was their father. To be honest, I wasn't at the house a lot growing up; I was mostly at the Browns."

Brad smiled. "A good family."

"They are." Don agreed. "So, have you thought about how you're going to propose?"

Brad laughed. "We're in our early 80s. I'll probably just ask her at dinner."

"Trust me, woman like to be wooed." Don said giving his father marriage advice.

Brad laughed at his son. "You still woo Meryl?"

"We woo each other." Don winked as they both laughed. 

Brad was so glad he could have these kind of conversations with his son. "How are the kids? I'm surprised they haven't been by."

"They're all busy with their lives and works." Don said as he picked up a menu to see what he could take Meryl. "To be honest, we haven't met them much lately since we're trying to keep the pregnancy under wraps. I don't know how much longer we will be able to do so; but the longer the better for Meryl and the baby, for all of us I think. We are constantly talking and texting with them."

Brad nodded. "How do you think they'll take the news?"

"Shocked as hell." Don laughed as he answered honestly. "The only one who is ever remotely at home is Louisa and she'll graduate the spring after the baby is born; and will be out on her own. We talked about how strange it will be that our baby and grandchild will be born in the same year, but we're not the only ones that has happened to. I hope they will be happy because we are happy. I am sure they will be just as concerned about Meryl as I am. We just need to get through the next 7 months then I think I'll be able to breathe easier."

Brad laughed at his son. "Do you breathe easier now than when Meryl was pregnant with Henry knowing he is grown?"

"Not really." Don laughed. "You always worry."

Brad looked at his now grown son and agreed. "Yeah, you do. Come on, let's get something for Meryl and go check on her to stop you from wearing out the home button on your phone."

***

"We're just going in?" Susie asked Henry, Mamie and Grace as Mamie unlocked the apartment door.

Henry nodded. "They are acting so strange. Dad says he is always at the studio; yet he's not."

"Mom isn't acting like herself." Mamie said.

Grace nodded as they walked in. "They won't meet us out anymore. They never want to do anything. Whenever we talk to them Dad is always right next to her."

"That's not really that strange." Susie said as they walked through the apartment. "This is Don and Meryl after all."

Mamie pointed to their mother asleep on the couch with Birdie beside her on the floor. "It is during awards season."

"THIS is very strange." Grace said as they went over to their mother. "ESPECIALLY during awards season."

Henry noticed the crackers and gatorade on the table next to their mother. "Yeah; and where the hell is Dad if he is never leaving her side?"