Mixed Feelings

I wake up to my alarm going off on my phone at 6:15.  I quickly turn it off so mom doesn't wake up.  I tiptoe to the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk.  I eat my breakfast, wash my face, and brush my teeth with mint toothpaste.  It's time to pick out my outfit.  I want to make a good first impression so I put on dark blue jeans and a purple plaid shirt.  I brush my hair, spray some perfume on myself, apply some natural makeup, and put on some mint lip balm.  I double check that I have everything I need in my backpack and slip on my gray mythical shoes 2.0.  I put on my leather jacket and backpack and head out the door, locking the house behind me.  The bus stop is only one block away from home.  A girl is standing there when I arrive.  "I haven't seen you before.  Are you new here?" a girl around my age with blond hair asks.  I nod my head.  "I just moved here yesterday from Michigan," I explain.  "That's a pretty long move.  My name is Jamie Blackwell.  I live just down the road," she says.  "I'm Megan Jensen," I introduce myself.  We talk and I learn that she's a freshman, too.  "You're going to love it here.  Burbank is full of entertainment and there are so many things to see.  We'll have to go out this weekend," Jamie tells me excitedly.  "Sounds good," I smile.  I'm glad that I already have a friend.  The bus arrives and we sit in the middle of the bus.  "So what made you move all the way from Michigan?" she asks.  "My mom and I had to relocate because of her job," I explain.  "I moved up here for my mom's job, too.  My parents divorced when I was five, so I don't see my dad except on holidays," Jamie says.  "My mom had me when she was seventeen and the father bailed on us.  She doesn't like to talk about it," I reply quietly.  A sad look passes over her face.  "It's okay though," I assure Jamie.  Her lips curve into a small smile.  

The bus pulls up to Burbank High School in ten minutes.  Jamie and I get off the bus.  She leads me to the main office to pick up my schedule.  The receptionist looks up at me.  "Can I help you?" she asks.  "Yes, my name is Megan Jensen.  I just transferred here," I answer.  "Oh yes.  Here's your schedule, ID, gym uniform, and assignment notebook.  Let us know if you have any questions.  Welcome to Burbank," she smiles, handing me a pile of items.  "Thank you," I reply.  Jamie and I walk out of the office and I pull out my schedule.

1.  Writing - Neal

2.  Human Geography - Fields

3.  Algebra - Schoffstall 

4.  Gym - Carrison

5.  Lunch

6.  Guitar and Voice - McLaughlin

7.  Biology - Kopecky 

8.  Media - Neal

"We have Writing, Gym, Lunch, and Biology together," Jamie squeals.  " That's awesome!  I'm so glad we met this morning," I smile.  She smiles back at me.  We find my locker and Jamie gives me a quick tour of the school, so I won't be completely lost trying to get to class in five minutes.  School starts in seven minutes, so we make our way down to the first floor for writing.  "I need to stop at my locker first.  I'll meet you there in a minute," Jamie says.  "Sounds good," I reply.  

I look down at my schedule and find the room for my first class.  I take a deep breath and open the door.  I see a man about three inches taller than me with dark brown hair and glasses putting something on a bookshelf in the room.  He turns to face me.  He looks exactly like Link Neal, except he has a different hairstyle from the last Good Mythical Morning episode that was posted before the break.  "Hi there, are you Megan?" he asks.  "Yes, today's my first day here," I nod.  "It's nice to meet you, Megan.  I'm Mr. Neal.  I know it must feel a little strange moving in the middle of the year, but I know that you'll do awesome here," he smiles reassuringly.  "Thanks!  I hope this isn't awkward, but are you on YouTube?" I ask him hesitantly.  He smirks and raises one eyebrow as he asks, "Which channel?"  "Good Mythical Morning," I smile.  "Correct!  It's awesome that you're a mythical beast.  Just don't tell anyone.  I'm trying to remain as low key as possible," Link says.  "Of course, Mr. Neal," I reply.  "Since you're a mythical beast and all, you can call me Link outside of class," Link tells me.  "Okay Link," I smile.