Chapter 1: Dreams

Grace P.O.V

I walk into the restaurant and see my crush-I mean Frankie!, at the table. She looks up and waves as I wave back and join her at the table as she pops a piece of bread roll in her mouth. "I wonder why they have us here, what could be so important?" I ask her and she shrugs and swallows her food. "I don't know but it better be good, I had to call off my class early, you know Brian is such a good artist, but Tod has a very free spirit, he paints his mind and emotions." She said with that cute smile I love so much. I have come to the conclusion that I like Frankie, more than associates, more than friends, I love Frankie, but I have to be rude to her, she can read people like a book, but I have to keep my lock on my cover, and only I have the key, if you know what I mean.

As we make small talk about her convicts and art, here comes our husbands, Robert mines and Sol Frankie's. Sol visibly seems like something is wrong but when he looks at Frankie, his smile reappears like magic, though not as big as it used to be. Robert kisses me on my cheek and I smile, and Sol kisses Frankie on hers, making her smile, I wish I could do that. "So, what's so important that you had to treat us to lunch?" Frankie asks as the huge sea food platter comes and sits down on the table, and we begin eating. It wasn't until everyone got finished around the same time that Frankie asked the same question again. "Now, what was so important and nobody can dodge my question this time." She says serious and her low but feminine voice just turns me on a little. Damn it Grace! Not right now! "W-WHAT?!!" I hear Frankie scream in sadness and I look at her with tears pouring out her emerald green orbs.

"I said, I'm leaving you to be with Robert." Sol repeated and I am shocked. "Robert?" I ask him in disbelief and he holds Sol's hand and kisses it. Then, everything hit me like a huge wave. "You took us here so we wouldn't make a seen!! Well I'm making a seen Robert!! Is this what you wanted!! Forty years and this is how you repay me!!!" I scream with everyone looking at me in the restaurant but I don't care. I was going to say something else, hell I was gonna scream it until I looked at Frankie and her eyes are red and puffy with her skin pale.

She gives me this look and my world stops, just for her. I breathe in, and breathe out, and I see her smile a little at me, and I smile back, but it quickly fades as I look at my empty plate filled with shells from the sea food. "How long has this been happening?" I ask in anger, not yelling surprisingly. "20 years." Robert says. I can feel my blood boil and my fists ball but I calm down and I get up and leave the table, I leave the restaurant, I jut want to be alone, but when I went to the beach house, there's Frankie doing her weird and annoying noises with meditation.

"Frankie, please! Can you just go? I need to be here, alone." I say while fixing myself a martini. "You know, we both have the right to be here, and I did arrive first so shoo fly, don't bother me." she said waving her hands in a dismissal. "No! Frankie, you don't understand how I feel right now, can you please leave! I need to be alone damn it!" I say to her. She looks up at me like I just killed her favorite pet, then said I didn't do it. "Don't know how you feel? I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU FEEL??!! I was sitting right beside you when Robert and Sol gayed it up! I was the one that screamed out first! I cried first , I listened first but you just stared off into space!

I was right there! I loved Sol with all my heart and your saying I don't know how you feel?? I was married too damn it! I can't even believe you right now! You know what? I'll take my pot and go! Me nor this blunt likes you anyways!" Frankie yelled at me for the first time, ever. I was shocked, because Frankie yelled, because she actually listened to me and left, and because of what I said and I didn't mean a word of it. To be honest, I need to talk to someone about this with, I need a shoulder to cry on, I need to laugh, I need Frankie.