Learning to Ride

Ben leaves Ireland with Felix and his children to learn to become a Rider

Ben leaves Ireland with Felix and his children to learn to become a Rider.  He is taken to a secret island that is very large, and from what he can see has technology, that is far ahead of anything he has ever seen before.  On the island Ben see's that it is heavily defended, and filled with many people, he was surprised since he thought they were a secret organization.  Felix informs him that the people working with them were descendants, relatives, or people who were once victims of the war they fight, or descended from victims.  In rider terms like animals they must not let anything go to waste.  Each person serves a purpose or a chore.  They have doctors, scientist, engineers, cooks, cleaner's, nurses, janitors, cooks, fighter's, trainer's, drivers, mechanic's, accountants, from all over the world who help them keep the war secret from the rest of man.

Ben is surprise that the war as he learned it has been kept secret for nearly 10,000 years, he can't believe that it never got out.  Felix let's him know that, in truth World War I and II were both conflicts between Demons, and Spirits.  Demons want to bring the war to a whole new scale, but the Medians have managed to maintain it so far.  Medians, are humans who know of the war and keep it secret from the rest of man.  Ben can't believe that people are this blind and naive that they can't see what is happening right in front of their eyes.  Felix reminds him that he spent nine years visiting the grave of his mother, and not once tried to remember how she died.  The techniques they use to keep the war  a secret were very good. They use a form of hypnotism mixed, with a few psychotropic drugs to manipulate people.  Only Demons, and Spirits need stronger methods, but most demons, and spirits already know of the war.  Ben accepts his answer and begins to first learn the history of the history of as he now must accept it his kind..  For their motto is "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER".  That is how they have been successful in protecting the world for 10,000 years.

In the history Ben learns that Spirits always existed they were the sentinels the the earth created to protect itself from harm.  Life no matter how low or inconsequential is connected.  But all that exist is not equal or happy, and all energy has an opposite.  In existence two forces exist light and dark, light. positive, and neutral, or good and evil, will always be fighting for dominance of the other.  The earth exist in a realm known as Versa, and Hell in a realm known as the Netherworld.  In between there is a place called the Nexus a way point, where the fallen go.  Spirits don't kill demons, they vanquish them to the nexus forever to be imprisoned.  This is done because it is almost impossible to kill a demon.  

The Demon King Baal lives in the Nether realm.  In the beginning the first guardians or God's were what is known as Deities.  They were beings that summoned the power of nature and ruled over man with harsh threats.  The Gods were cold and cruel and used Demons to enforce their power, however Baal a powerful demon fought back against his master's and after killing one realized he could control their power once he drank their blood.  Baal then begin a genocide with his demons and began killing the deities and feeding off their blood and taking their power, soon the Dark age of man began.  But Shaman's who knew the truth of Demons, and Deities summoned the spirits of the earth who usually took animal form for help.  However Spirits usually stayed out of mortal affairs and as long as the war did no damage to the earth they were neutral it wasn't until Demons became greedy and began to feed on the blood of all life that they decided to intervene. The Spirits chose avatar's or animals to embody their powers.  However animals although strong could not fight as well against demons.