5. Hearts

Carlos had to stay at the hospital so Vish went home. It's weird to call a place home, when all you remember in the freaking place is crying. That's how Vish felt anyways. She went to school the next day with a fake smile and fake laughter.

It was never really real in the first place. Imagine that, being a mask everywhere you go but home. I guess that's why it's called that. Because this area is the only place where appearances don't matter.

Vish checked the mail, pulling out dozens of ads and the newspaper she never reads. Vish noticed a strange note sticking onto the newspaper. She decided to read it later. Her heart wouldn't be able to take it, if it was about Ben.

Hearts are quite weird. They pump blood, to help us breathe. They quicken with a loved one, slow down when disappointed, and can break. It's strange how people have died from heartbreak, when the heart itself doesn't even break. In fact, it's the brain that probably breaks. Everything, everyone becomes less important.

A few hours of doing homework distracted Vish from the note she watched Allen on TV until it became the news. That seemed like just the perfect thing to affect Vish so she turned it off.

She grabbed the note, and went to her room and read it.

Hi! It's Ben. They questioned me but I managed to escape. The police even managed to get me to show my fangs! It sucks.... I can't come ho-

Fangs. His fangs were shown?! A vampire's fangs are only revealed when they're threatened, scared, hurt, or hungry. Did they hurt Ben?! Vish felt herself hurt.

Her heart was bleeding of pain.

-me right now. Police are after me. For that reason, I'm not going to tell you where I am. I'll give you a riddle though! I came up with this my entire way here!

Some say it's scary, but don't be wary!
Fore I am safe, in this place.
It's not near lights, but can hide fights!
Not high above ground, but it can be found, but only if you say it out loud!

Is my poetry getting better big sis? I hope so.... I have to leave! Somethings aft-

The rest of the page was ripped off. Vish placed it on her dresser. She put her hand on her heart. It was beating terribly. Vish was scared. What else could she feel? It was as if her body was num.

Then, all her emotions came flooding back. Happiness, he escaped. Fear, he'd been hurt. Sadness, Ben wasn't with her. Pain, she'd go through alone.

Vish sobbed and sobbed hugging her pillows like the person she needed. Paranoid, being left behind by so many people.

Lastly, heartache from being lost and sad.