Part 2

We wait outside a large building thats labeled APTITUDE TESTING.

"Aaron?" Katy asked, turning around to face me. "Yes?" "What actually is the Aptitude test?" she asked. Being Erudite, the answer just rolled off my tongue. "The Aptitude test is to examine the child's aptitude or the disposition towards one of the five traits of the five factions. It is a good indicator of what faction a child should choose based on his or her predominant characteristic." I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes and laughed slightly then turned back around.

Xander, Katy, and I wait in line together. Katy stands in front of me and Xander stands behind me. A lady calls up about ten other kids. Most of them were Amity. She looks back me. "Its okay" I smiled and gave her a slight push to get her to move. She stumbles forward and bumps into a Dauntless. "Watch it know-it-all" he tells her. I push her behind me. "Lay off" I growled. He laughs. "I like your glasses" he smiled and took them.

My vision doesn't change. I have perfect eye sight. "Can you see?" he asked. "Perfectly" I replied. He sighs. "Boo" he hands them back. I put my blue glasses back on again.

I put Katy in front of me again.

I feel Xander's soft hands near my neck. I look back at him. "Are you nervous?" I asked him.

I shouldn't have asked him. He seems as cool as a cucumber. "Just a little" he said looking past me. "Xander..." I asked. He looks down at me. "Yes?" "What happens if we get different results?" "I...don't know" he said quietly.

Minutes later, they call ten more of us. Katy, Xander, and I happened to be a fraction of those ten.

The Abnegation people separate all ten of us into ten different rooms. Ive never been in this room. Its all mirror and its brightly-lit. Wherever I look, the Abnegation man and I are in my peripheral.

I take a look at the Abnegation man from one of the reflections. He gives me a disgusted look. I turn back around and he has a gentle smile.

"Please, sit" he said patting the dentist chair next to him. I smile and take off my glasses and put them in the pocket of my blue collar shirt.

The Abnegation man hooks electrodes to my head. "Im assuming you know what these are, correct?" he asked. Again, the answer just made its way out of my mouth. "Its a conductor through which electricity enters or leaves an object" I smirked at him. He nods his head. He reaches for something under the chair. When he sits back up, he holds a small glass a blue liquid.

I know what this liquid is. Its a serum to connect us to the simulation program. I take it and it wobbles in my hands, due to the shaking of my hands. I quickly drink it, then I begin to fall asleep. But Im not asleep...Im awake. Simulation wise.

I can hear Jeanine's sharp but clear voice, since she created the serum. "Choose the knife or the cheese" she says. "For what?" I asked, but theres not answer.

I see a dog with sharp k-9 teeth, when it growls. It barks and I flinch. "Choose. Choose now." I said aloud. I grab the slice of cheese and back away from the dog. Its eyes turn from black to a dark brown and its tail begins to wag. I laugh as start to slowly walk over to it. It walks up to me and eats the cheese right off my hand.

I laugh and pet it. Then I see a small girl behind the dog. "Doggy!" she shrieked while laughing. She quickly walks towards the dog and the dog barks at her but she continues to walk. The dog runs in her direction, its eyes black again. "No!" I yelled and tackling the dog. I pin the dog to the floor, but when I look up, the scenery had completely changed.

Im in a bus. The dog faded away. The bus is practically empty but for a man sitting down-reading a newspaper, an old lady far to my left, and myself. I walk to the right, where the man with the newspaper is.