My Best Friend - Kid x Reader

Start from the beginning

You place your hand gently on his arm. You can feel his arm tense up, before relaxing as he let's go of the steering wheel.

"She... She said that there was something between her and her friend for a while now." Kid said, tears beginning to fall.

You wrap your arms to Kid and rest his head on your shoulder, caressing him. You stroke his hair as you feel him bury his face into your neck and wrap his arms around you.

"I'm here for you, Kiddo." You whisper to him, giving him a kiss on the top of his head.

'I wouldn't hurt you like this, Kid. I would treat you right,' you think sadly to yourself as your best friend cried into your embrace.

---

You haven't heard from Kid in two days. Usually, you wouldn't think anything of it. But since he was depressed, you wanted to make sure he was always accounted for.

You were in your apartment sitting in the living room when you got a call on your phone. You grabbed your phone, thinking who could have been calling you at ten o'clock in the evening on a Saturday.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N)..." A familiar voice slurred.

"Kid! Where are you?!" You ask, worried.

"I'm... I'm saaad, (Y/N). I went out for a feeew drinks and I think I'm druuunk," he slurred again.

"Shit, Kid. Where are you right now?" You ask him.

"I'm... I'm in front... Of your.. Apartment..." He stated casually.

Two minutes later, you open the door to your room, struggling with a drunk Kid leaning on you. You throw him gently on your bed.

"Damn it, Kid. I can't believe you drove here!" You scold him.

"You know I'm a good driver, (Y/N)." He said as he hugs your pillow.

"Yes, but that's a dangerous thing to do when you're drunk."

You began tending to the drunk Kid. You help him take off his shirt, then you wipe him with a moist towelette. After he's cleaned up, you walk over to your dresser to pick out a clean t-shirt for him to wear.

"I swear, I'm the best person in the world to you Kiddo. I clean for you, I take care of you, I let you stay in my apartment," You list to him as he sits up.

"I'm like a mother, a sister, a-"

"Why aren't we together?" He slurred to you.

"Because I'm just waiting on you!" You say, before covering your mouth. You didn't mean to admit to him your feelings. You turn around slowly took look at him, only to find him passed out on your bed.

You let out a sigh of relief, but frown as you walk towards him, clutching the t-shirt in your hands. You place your free hand on his cheek as he snores softly.

You sit down on the bed, your palm still against his cheek. Tears form in your eyes as they fall slowly, one by one.

"Oh Kiddo..." You whispered with a shaky voice. "I've always been there for you. I've always loved you. I won't hurt you the way she did."

"You know you can trust me. Just give me a chance, my love." You leaned forward and kiss his forehead gently, not waking him up.

---

Kid's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache with a familiar smell filling my nose. I look around, realizing I was in (Y/N)'s room, when my memory of last night comes back to me.