"Your wife is alright, dear King. It was only a slight complication. She is strong, and so is your newborn child. She takes after her parents," she said gently. Thranduil felt his knees go weak. He was waiting for an assurance that Mantheniel was alright. He could not imagine raising another child by himself. Or losing Mantheniel. Losing her would mean his life is forfeit.

Falasdir braced an arm around him to steady him as he lead the King towards the room where the childs cry could be heard turning into muffled sounds.

Then Elrond's lips curved up slightly and before he could speak, Thranduil had stormed into the room, shocking Lorelei and the nursemaid from their fussing over the new born child. Thranduil paused, holding his breath as he glanced at Lindethiel who was beside Mantheniel now, her face distorded in what could be said as disgust. She was still shaking her head when he entered, causing Mantheniel to look at him. She looked absolutely worn out that Thranduil stalked towards her first.

There was still a glint of her drow blood in her eyes as Thranduil reached for her hand, squeezing it gently.

"She's already as stubborn as you," she whispers, a smile flicking across her lips before she falls unconsious. Thranduil's heart pounded in his chest, a previous fear- a trauma easing its way out of the darkest corners of his mind. He didn't want to let Manthaniel's hand go. What if she was to leave, as well? What if- Lindethiel's hand cuts his thought off, as it eased its way around his hands.

"She will be fine," the dark haired half elf assured him before nudging towards where Lorelei was standing along with the rest of the Ellin who had entered the room with him. He swallowed his fear, slowly slipping his hand away from Mantheniel as he stared at Lorelei, a bundle of cloth in her arms. She smiles up at him, excitement on her face.

"She is beautiful," she exclaims walking over to Thranduil who seemed to find it difficult to even move.

"Well, she definitely got her looks from her mother," Falasdir comments, nodding his head for emphasis before Legolas shoves him playfully.

"Her eyebrows are from her father and her strong jaw, do you not see the resemblance? Her beauty is as strong as it is fair," Legolas adds, smiling up at his father, hoping to ease him from the frown he was wearing.

"Well, lets see what your Adar thinks, hmmm little one?" Lorelei offers the child to Thranduil who continues to stare at the baby. Her hair was dark like midnight, much like how drow elves were when they were born. When Mantheniel had explained this before to him, he could not imagine it. Especially Mantheniel with black hair. It was something that happened to their kind, when the child was not pure drow. Although they had expected it to skip this child for she was only 1 fourth of a drow, yet here she was, her hair dark. Her eyebrows were thick, causing Thranduil to smile softly. Before his hands came forward to claim her. As soon as the child touched her fathers arms, it stirred, as if trying to ease closer to him. Thranduil's smile grew wider.

"She's beautiful," he breathes out. Relief washing over him. "She's beautiful." He repeats as Elrond gestures for everyone to leave the room, even reluctant Lindethiel who was half dragged out by Falasdir.

"And here I thought you didn't like children," Falasdir teases as the stepped out of the door.

"Have you see that child? I can practically see a warrior in her already!" Lindethiel had exclaimed before the door was shut behind her, leaving the King and Queen alone with their new princess.

"Hello, my little light," Thranduil whispered quietly as the baby stirred against his chest. He let out a soft laugh, suddenly realizing he was crying. Thank the Valar everyone had left. He ran a finger across her cheeks, which were pink with life. The child crunched up her nose, her chin jutting out.

"You definitely look like your mother," he said, brushing her dark hair softly. Some of the ends were already turning silver blonde. Like his.

"So beautiful," he whispered tenderly, planting a kiss on her head. Her face instantly relaxed, as if all it needed was her fathers gentle kisses.

"Do not grow up so fast, my little light," he says, rocking her gently.

"Are you already conspiring with our daughter, meleth nin?" A voice calls behind him, causing Thranduil to jump up slightly, his cheeks flushing lightly only to find Mantheniel smiling widely at him from the bed.

"You should be asleep," he lamely comments, and further wishing he had just bitten his lip. Mantheniel raises an eyebrow.

"And miss such a precious moment?" She asks. "I think not."

Then he stalks towards her, the baby in his arms. Ths sight of which made Mantheniels heart swell. Thranduil was already a good father. An image of him carrying Legolas flashes in her head and she smiles as he sat on a chair next to her bed.

"She is so tiny," Thranduil comments, touching the little princess hands which clasped around his finger tightly.

"She does not want to be far from you already," Mantheniel comments. Then Thranduil turned to her and his heart sank a little.

"I thought I would lose you," he whispers quietly, the fear in his voice was real and raw and Mantheniel had understood why. He had lost Legolas' mother when Legolas was still a baby. And now, due to this event, he had been reminded of it. She reached a shaky hand towards him and he clasped it tightly.

"You are not getting rid of me, meleth nin," she smiles a tired smile. "You promised eternity, I will make good of that."

He leaned down and kissed her forehead, making the princess grumble at the sudden lack of space. He chuckles slightly.

"Ah, already acting like the princess she was born to be," he says quietly. He poked her nose and she wrinkled it, her brows furrowing.

"Where is Legolas?" Mantheniel asked, her eyes already close as she was drifting back to sleep. Thranduil watched her fall into slumber, their hands still clasped together. He was afraid to let her go. He called for the nursemaid and was surprised when Legolas was the one who entered.

"They said a family gathering would be better," then he watched his father and Mantheniel before he walks over to him, his hand out.

"Here, I will take her a while," he offers and Thranduil hands the princess reluctantly as it cuddled against the prince's chest. The prince walked over the windows, speaking in murmurs to the princess. Thranduil watched him with a smile before he felt Mantheniel squeeze his hand.

He turned to her and found her watching the prince and princess through half lidded eyes. Then tears began to roll down her cheeks, causing Thranduil to worry but the smile that followed it eased him back.

"Legolas will be a good brother," she whispers tenderly. Thranduil placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Sleep now, meleth nin," he tells her. "Our children are safe."

--

Authors note: how was the first chapter??? Of course if u want to find out more details about the blind fortune teller -- its in Battle Scars but this book will only be dedicated to the Mirkwood royal family and how their lives will change because of the princess.

Thoughts?? Vote?? Comment??

Thank you and next update will be two days from now. :)