IV. THE GOLDEN TRIO

Začít od začátku

      Sometimes I can't help but wonder what would've happened if I had kept my mouth shut on our first day at Hogwarts. Maybe Draco and his two sidekicks wouldn't be half as annoying to me as they were to Harry and Ron.

"I'm not going to stand here and listen to you ramble on about useless information that I quite honestly have no interest in." I stated. The grin planted on his face slowly began to fade, as Lisa smirked from behind me.

"Hurry up! I haven't got all bloody day to do this blasted tour, cmon!" Filch shouted loudly, Lisa and I both shoved passed Malfoy and his minions; and returned to the group. I heard Malfoy mutter something under his breath, but unfortunately I couldn't quite figure out what he was saying.

    I turned back around to Malfoy. "Sucks to be interrupted, doesn't it Malfoy?" Lisa laughed, knowing what I was referring to. We hadn't even been at Hogwarts for a day, and Draco had already been stopped in his tracks by professor McGonagall and Mr. Filch.

"Just you wait, Crow." He spat vigorously. "You haven't heard the last of me." He barged into my shoulder and returned to the front of the crowd of students, followed by Crabbe and Goyle. Lisa and I just laughed, whilst quickly pacing to catch up with the group.

* * *

   After a couple of hours, the tour had finally came to an end, and before we knew it, it was time for the feast in the great hall. I was sitting patiently, waiting for Lisa to arrive. She had taken a visit to the girls lavatory, and said she would meet me in time for the feast. It had been almost ten minutes, and I was starting to become slightly anxious as to where she was currently located; until she finally appeared, and not alone.

    Lisa entered the great hall, accompanied with a male student whom I didn't know nor recognise. The both of them scurried down to the table, and sat down, so they were facing opposite me.

"Emmalina, this is Miles Skeeter. Miles, this is Emmalina Crow." Lisa shook both our hands together before we had a chance too. Miles smiled.

   "Hello Emmalina, I've never heard of that name before; it's beautiful." He complimented.

    Miles was older than he appeared. Without a bust he could pass for twelve, but in light of the truth he was closer to fifteen. His blonde hair flopped down to his brow, almost covering up those clouded grey eyes of his. He had a tall, yet slim figure, which offered him the high likelihood of being placed into Ravenclaw's Quidditch team.

   He was, unlike Lisa and I, in his second year of Hogwarts.

    "Thank you Miles." I smiled warmly. "How did you guys meet?" I glanced over at Lisa, blinking. Although it could've been mistaken for a wink.

  Luckily for me, she didn't notice.

"Wel—" Miles was cut short by a rather excited Lisa, who couldn't contain her excitement of wanting to share their meeting story.

"I was heading to the girls lavatory." She explained. "When I happened to get myself slightly lost. Then, Miles just happened to stroll by, and notice I was in need of a helping hand. So, he kindly showed me the way, and now we're here! You guys just had to meet!" We all laughed at Lisa's excitement.

"Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I have to go to my first ever Quidditch practise." Miles stated. "I'll see you both later!" He raised from the table.

     "Oh, good luck, bye!" Lisa and I said in synch. He smiled and exited the hall. "So what do you think of him?" Lisa then asked eagerly.

      "He seems really nice." I admitted, tucking a few stray hairs behind my ears with a sheepish grin.

     "Looks like someone has a crush." Lisa winked; we giggled then began eating. She caught sight of an extremely tall tower of ice cream scoops, and couldn't resist taking some. The chicken drumsticks were rather popular amongst the Ravenclaw table, so they vanished rather quickly.

* * *

"So uh, Miles seems nice huh?" Lisa said. We were both lay on our beds, staring up at the ceiling, it was currently around half past eleven at night.

"Yeah, I'd like to get to know him better." I could tell by Lisa's discreet glances that she thought much more of Miles than I did.

"You know what I've heard?" She asked, changing the subject entirely. I could sense that she was eagerly waiting for me to reply.

"What's that?"

"It's your twelfth birthday tomorrow." She said in a giggly tone. I rolled my eyes. I never really gave birthdays a second thought, I merely classed them as quite a semi-normal day.

"I didn't know that, Lisa." I replied in a sarcastic tone. She laughed, throwing one of her pillows across to my bed. I quickly wafted my loose strings of hair away from my face and returned the favour.

"Oh, game on Emmalina, game on." She gathered her collection of pillows from underneath her duvet, throwing them all towards me one by one. I managed to defend myself by throwing an even larger pillow towards the ones that were currently racing towards me.

"Hey!" Lisa whispered almost a little too loudly. "How many pillows are stuffed inside this thing? Cause that hurt!" I uncontrollably laughed, unable to respond to Lisa's question.

"Guys, some people are trying to sleep here." Our other dorm mate, Maria Glossop groaned. She lifted her pillow and slammed it above her head, trying to block out the noise.

Lisa and I silently looked at each other, trying to stop ourselves from bursting into laughter. We both reorganised our pillows before slowly resting our heads and gradually falling asleep.

 We both reorganised our pillows before slowly resting our heads and gradually falling asleep