Chapter Sixteen: Being Helpful

Zacznij od początku

He leaned down and kissed me right on the lips, staying there for a short moment before dramatically pulling away from my face. I had a feeling my cheeks were burning red from embarrassment.

"PDA," I whispered to him. His smile didn't fade as he let loose on me and let me turn around, lacing his fingers with mine. Butterflies were still fluttering around in my stomach and I had a feeling there was a dazed look on my face. Amber and Adam stared at the two if us with their jaws almost touching the ground. I'm kidding, of course.

"This is what you wanted to show me?" Adam asked, his eyes flickering between Cameron and me. A smile made it's way onto his face and he smirked at Cameron. I giggled and looked at Amber expectantly.

"Wow..." Was all she could muster. I was a little scared of her reaction since her lip didn't even twitch up into a fake smile. Does she not like Cameron, or what? Is there something my so called best friend isn't telling me?

I mentally wiped the dumbfounded look on my face and replaced with a half fake grin, since there was already one half way there. Amber's expression turned cold as she said her goodbye's and hurried off down the hallway. Cameron's chest vibrated against my back and brought me back to reality. He tugged at my hand, pulling me toward first period.

"Do we have test in here today?" He asked me before we took our seats in the classroom.

"Yes. And we studied for it so you better do good. Remember; concentrate." I made the motion that meant "I'm watching you" and watched the boyish grin on Cameron's face take it's place. Mrs. Foster walked into the room and announced the test.

I glanced at Cameron and saw his eyes widen once the test was placed in front of him. I wanted to tell him to just take his time and don't worry about anything, but that would mean talking and talking would get me in trouble. Then again, my support to him probably means more. I leaned over and whispered-yelled, "Take your time, OK?" I smiled at him and he nodded to me. My eyes flickered towards Danielle giving me the stare down. Why was my life so important to her? I will never understand what she envies so much about my life. Her's seems perfect. What the heck, it is perfect. I've been to her house before after basketball practice every now and then when I played. She's an angel at home. You know, to have her parents on her side.

I fixed my eyes on my test and took a deep breath -not a nervous one, just one to put some breath in my lungs- and began writing answers done immediately. I've always thought that if you know the answers, you need to hurry up and write them down so you don't forget them in that short time frame. So, I was the first to finish my test.

My eyes scanned the room to see all my other classmates working hard on their tests. Cameron had squinted eyes as he contracted hard on his test. It was so hard for him, and although neither of is like sympathy, I felt a smudge of it for him.

I hesitantly got up and took my test to Mrs. Foster who was grading another classes papers, her glasses perched low on her nose. She looked up at me and pursed her lips, "Meet me at lunch here? I need some help with something." She said. I nodded my head swiftly and took my seat again. Thoughts ran through my head about what it could be about, but I'll never know until after class.

Everyone had turned in their tests eventually. Cameron was the third from last to turn his in, slipping a folded piece of notebook paper under my binder. He never glanced at me to make his action look casual just in case Mrs. Foster saw him. After he sat down I took the paper and held lose to my lap, unfolding it and reading his sloppy and boyish handwriting.

It said for me to meet him by the bleacher outside at the football field before 7th period. That was the second to last class of the day. What in the world would he want me to meet him there for?