"I didn't mean for it to seem like you did something wrong," he laughed off, tapping his finger on his knee.

Scott pressed his lips together, thinking about all of what Mitch said.

"Do you want me to talk to her about it? Like Jeremy and her possibly still being together?" I suggest.

"No, no it's fine. I'm sure she'll get over it at some point. Besides, she's a bit stubborn so I doubt you could do anything to help.... no offense," Mitch placed a hand on mine at the end of his sentence, reassuring me.

I think to myself, wondering if that's really true. I'm sure Kirstie is the one who needs reassurance, she's probably confused about the whole thing. I know it's between Kirstie and Mitch, but Mitchie doesn't deserve for anyone to be mad at him.

"Okay," I lied to Mitch.

I'm not lying to him, it's just I want to protect him.

Mitch smiled and continued to hold my hand over the stick shift in my car, and I drove to the nearest café with thoughts pounding throughout my head.

-

We were driving around, waiting for one of Mitch's parents to respond to his text, asking if he could come over to my house. Eventually, around 5 minutes later his mom replied with a 'yes'.

I love the spark in Mitch's eyes when he gets excited. It reminds me a like a child at a carnival winning a prize or buying cotton candy. He's so, adorable.

As usual, we agreed on going to 'our' café in town. I parked next to the building and we both walked in and sat in a booth, a waiter giving us the menus.

"Hello, boys! How may I serve you today?" the lady said.

The woman looked to be about her early twenties. I assume that she is probably using this job as a way to pay her college. She looked to be a college girl type.

Mitch ordered a medium frappe with a cookie, and I ordered a black coffee. I'm not much of a person who liked adding sweet stuff to my drinks. Besides, I already have a dose of sweet in my life now. Mitch.

We talked about how our days went and went into a very deep conversation about celebrities until our orders arrived.

As I enjoyed my coffee and Mitch took a bite into his cookie, I suddenly remembered something.

"Oh!" I gasp, the thought appearing in my mind.

Startling Mitch, his gaze went from the cookie quickly to me, a questioning look on his face.

"What?"

"Hold on, I gotta get something out of my car. Stay here," I said and I got up from the booth and exited the café. I opened the car door and rummaged through the glove box. Finding a small container, I grabbed it and closed the door. I went back into the building and sat down once again, across from Mitch, the box in my hand.

"What's that?" Mitch asks, sipping his frappe.

"It's for you, here," I reached over the table and handed it to him. He took one last glance at me before opening it. I kept a small smile on my face as he looked inside.