BOYFRIEND WHO I THOUGHT HATED ME SAY WHAT? 

He must have noticed my surprised expression because he let out a chuckle. "Yes, I admit I was a complete a-hole for what I said to you, but I was just pissed and I'm sorry. And I gave you the cold shoulder, because, well, I really don't know." 

Just hearing Alex say these words made my heart soar and I embraced him, nuzzling my head in the crook of his neck. His strong arms wrapped around me and he spun me around, causing me to giggle. "Why does drama love us?" I asked, once he had put me down. 

"Because the universe is cruel, CC." 

***********************************************************************************************************************

The rest of the activities passed quickly, and finally it was free time before dinner. Taylor was still missing and I was extremely worried. What if he went on a hike and got lost? Or fell off a cliff? 

Okay, so maybe the second one wasn't very likely, but still! 

And it was just my luck that I misplaced my step while walking near the lake and got my shoe soaked. I decided that I would change my shoes and socks and then go look for Taylor. He had to somewhere, right? 

I jogged back to our cabin and opened the door. 

"Hi." 

I jumped, screaming. 

I placed a hand on my heart, calming down when I saw Taylor leaning on one of the bunk beds. "God," I leaned over, catching my breath. "You're here!" I grinned. 

"Yeah, I'm here." He stated, completely zoned out. I walked in front of him, waving my hand in his face. 

"Taylor? Do you want to talk?" 

He looked down at me and his dark eyes were closed off of to me. "No. I don't why I'm even here, I should-" He started for the door, but I cut him off by grabbing his wrist. 

"Sit," I instructed, gesturing to a bed. He reluctantly sat down, me taking a seat in front of him. "Do you want to explain why you ran off today?" 

Although I already knew why, I had to keep up this act for Chase. Plus, I wanted Taylor to tell me. 

I wanted Taylor to trust me. 

"I-" He started, staring at the floor. "I don't know."

"Was it something I said?"

Yes, Cass, it sorta was!  My mind screams at me to tell Taylor I know, but I promised Chase. 

He looks up at me and for a second I just saw sadness in his dark eyes .

Just honest-to-god sadness.

But Taylor quickly looks back down again and shakes his head. "No, it wasn't. I-I just needed to be alone for a bit. Ya know?" 

What I wanted to do was tell Taylor that he was a big, fat liar, but that I was there for him, but instead I just nodded. "Yeah. You do know that you can talk to me, right?" 

He simply nods and I know that he was zoned out, yet again.

He stood up to go leave, but suddenly his face crumbled and he leaned against the top bunk, face in his heads. 

I knew that words wouldn't be enough at this time, so I just walked over and wrapped my arms around him. He sagged and hugged me back and I knew that he just needed someone right then and there to hold him. 

I could feel Taylor's warm breath on my ear before he spoke, whispering. 

"I think that we're both broken."