The Howlies (Part 3)

Começar do início

"Is there anybody else? I'm looking for a Sergeant James Barnes," this so called Captain America asks absentmindedly as he looks around the crowd.

Your heart leaps and you can't help but gasp in surprise. "Bucky."

The Captain turns to you and does a double take, probably due to the fact that you're a girl. "You know him?" He raises an eyebrow at you and chooses to not question you being there.

"There's an isolation ward in the factory, but no ones ever come back from it," Falsworth answers before you can.

You hate the sound of that. An isolation ward. You don't want to think of Bucky as all alone and isolated.

"All right." Captain America nods. "The treeline is northwest, 80 yards past the gate. Get out fast and give 'em hell," he explains as you all start to walk out. "I'll meet you in the clearing with anybody else I find."

"Wait. You know what you're doing?" Gabe asks as he turns to face you all.

"Yeah. I've knocked out Adolf Hitler over two hundred times," he says casually.

Wait what?

Suddenly he takes off running and everyone looks around slightly confused and shocked.

"Wait!" You call out frantically.

He turns on his heal and looks at you expectantly.

"If you're going after James I want to come with you," you say.

"With all due respect ma'am I'd like you to get out safely and by taking you with me I can't guarantee that." He huffs and just like that he's gone.

The place turns into absolute mayhem then. All of you charge outside and already there are guns firing, sirens blaring and people throwing punches.

"(Y/N) come with me!" Gabe shouts and pulls you after him.

You dodge your way across the dirt, narrowly missing bullets and rays while Gabe knocks people out. It's terrifying seeing people fall to the ground, dead in an instant right next to you who you were talking to only moments ago.

Gabe makes a beeline for a large tank and you reluctantly follow after him, clambering in. Dum Dum is already in there looking very confused.

"Hey, not exactly a Buick," he mumbles as his eyes scan the confusing looking panel of buttons before flickering up to you.

"Don't look at me, I have no idea," you exclaim.

"Oh come on (Y/N) your supposed to be the helpful one!" He teases.

"That one 'zundung'," Gabe says pointing.

"Zundung?" Dugan frowns but presses the button anyway and gives a hefty laugh when you hear it start to charge up.

"Get this going Dugan!" Falsworth shouts as he suddenly jumps in too.

"I didn't know you spoke German," Dum Dum says to Gabe, unphased by Falsy joining the crowd.

"Three semesters at Howard, switched to French, girls much cuter." Gabe shrugs in reply.

You role your eyes, typical boys. "Gabe!" You scold and he just turns around and winks at you.

"Not as cute as you though aye (Y/N/N)." He smiles charmingly.

"Oh I wouldn't go there Jones," Falsy warns. "Barnes made it very clear that she's her territory."

What?

You don't say anything but you can't help but feel your cheeks flush pink with happiness.