1

Jacky's POV

I sighed as I trudged down my stairs.I had my first day in my new school here today.

"You'll be fine Jacky!"

My mum said as she frantically rushed around our small flat, looking for the keys.I grab them off the table beside the front door and say

"But it's halfway through the year"

My mum sighs as she takes the keys from my hand, motioning for me to follow her outside so she could lock the door.I play with the hem of my Escape The Fate shirt as my mum locks the door.

"I'll be in the car"

I call as I run down the 6 flights of stairs.

I knew my mum kept the car unlocked because when I was younger, I always left my school stuff in the car and my mum would tell me to do my homework, but it would be in the car, and she'd have to come out and get it, but now she just keeps it unlocked so I can go get my stuff whenever I want.Even though I've grown into the habit of bringing everything inside when we get home now.Tired from running down 6 flights of stairs, I walked past all the other buildings to the car.I open the back door, putting my bag in before opening the passenger door, getting in myself.I see my mum coming in the rear mirror, so I put on my seatbelt and brace myself for the day I was about to have.The car ride was silent, except for the music playing from the radio.Then I hear the intro to Not Good Enough For Truth In Clique by Escape The Fate.I smile as my mum turns the radio up, knowing this was my favorite song.After the song finishes, we pull up to the school.

"Have a good day Jacky!Love you!"

My mum says as I get out, grabbing my bag.

I walk into the main office, which is where I was told to go when I get to school.

"Yes?" 

The lady behind the counter asks as she looks up at me.

"Hey, um I'm Jacky Vincent, the new kid and I was told to come here when I got to school"

I say as I shiver from the bitter coldness that made its way inside of the building.

"Oh, Mr. Trenton is in there."

She says, pointing to a room labeled 'PRINCIPAL'

I smile as I walk over there and knock on the door.

A man who looks around 40 opens the door.

"Hello!I'm Gavin Trenton.Jacky, I'm guessing?

"Yes."

I say as I walk into his office to see another boy sitting in a chair.

"This is Ryan.He'll be showing you around today."

The principal says, pointing to the boy.

Ryan looks up, meeting eyes with me.

"Well, we may as well get going."

Ryan says as he gets up.

"Okay.Have fun, Jacky.Enjoy your day.You too Ryan."

Mr. Trenton says to us.

We walk out, greeted by the cold air again.

"So I'm Ryan Seaman.You're Jacky Vincent I'm assuming?"

Ryan asks, meeting eyes with mine.

"Yeah."

"Well we have 20 minutes before homeroom, so how about I take you on a quick tour?"

Ryan asks.

"Sure"

I reply as we walk out the door.

New Kid (Racky)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara