Nightmare (ThomAra)

A

We are sitting here in the living room covered by deafening silence. No one wants to speak up. I heard him release a deep sigh, "Ara, Let's break up."

I was so shocked to react. I don't know what to say. "But Wh-Why?" I asked him.

He looked at me with blank eyes, "Sawa na ako, Ara."

"But you promised me that you won't leave me!" I shouted and I suddenly felt weak. Tears are starting to fall out of my eyes.

"Promises are meant to be broken." That's the last thing I heard before I saw him walking away from me.

When he was about to open the door he said, "Paalam na, Ara."

--------

I woke up because I had a bad dream.

"I wake up, It's a bad dream
No one on my side
I was fighting
But I feel too tired
To be fighting

Guess, I'm not the fighting kind
Wouldn't mind it
If you were by my side
But you are no where to be found"

I felt tears streaming down my face. They are falling like waterfalls. I feel weak.

I got up and I dialed his number. In just a couple of minutes he answered.

"Hello?"

"..."

"Wait. Are you crying?" I guess he heard my sobs but I won't tell him the truth because I am scared.

"I'm fine, Thomas."

"No, you're not. I am going to your place right now." He really knows me that well.

"Bu-but! I'm fine. And I might be bothering you."

"You are not bothering me. Ara, you are my girl so I know that you are not fine. Please wait for me and I will go to you."

He hanged up. I guess he's driving already.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection at the mirror and said, "Thomas won't leave you. He loves you and he will never ever leave you. Stop over thinking." A lot of things are running in my mind right now and because of that I am starting to get weak.

I washed my face and went out. I was about to sit down when I heard a knock. I guess he is already here.

I opened the door and a worried Thomas looking at me right now. I didn't know what to say so I just hugged him tight.

I cried on his shoulders for who knows how long. He is not saying anything. He hugged me back and carefully carried me to the living room because one thing that makes me weak is crying.

I felt two strong arms hugging me from behind. He was giving small kisses to my head.

"Tell me what happened, Ara." he asked me.

"I had a nightmare." I said and wiped my tears away using my shirt.

"What is your nightmare all about?" he asked my again while he was rubbing my back to make me calm.

"You left me." I said and then I started to cry again.

"I will never leave you, baby. Leaving you is not registered in my mind. I love you that much and I can't live without you by my side." He said assuring me and he kissed me.