Chapter 50 - Bliss Before Sorrow

Warning: There is mature language/content used in this chapter

     Weeks passed and the two are back in the U.S.. Rachel is finally back on feet again, all healed and recovered.

     Only the two of them were left in the house and they decided to go out to their patio and have coffee together.

     "Does your surgery still hurt?" Richard asks.

     "Hindi na. It's been 3 weeks already." She takes a sip of her coffee, "Have you booked our ticket na pala?"

     "Of course, Ma'am!" he says, rather weirdly.

     "Ay, wala na. Nag-of course na, may Ma'am pa? Wala na talaga, " Rachel shakes her head and smirks.

     "Oh, ano naman ngayon?"

     "Sus.. I know you, Richard. Don't try to play me, out of all people" She glances at him, "Hindi mo pa nagagawa, 'no?"

     Richard smiles sarcastically, then shakes his head.

     This makes Rachel laugh, "Mahiya ka nga, ang laki mong tao nagpapacute ka diyan. Hindi bagay."

     "Pero ikaw, bagay." He hirits.

     "Ha? Bagay saan?" She asks.

     "Saakin." He smirks.

    She tinkers with the mug handle, hiding her kilig smile.

     "Kinilig siya, o." He nudges her.

     "Ewan ko sayo, para kang engot diyan," she chuckles.

     "Aminin.." he looks at her naughtily.

     "Don't you even---"

     Before she knew it, his arms were around hers. His lips brushing against here ear, her head on his chest. "Gwapo ko ba?"

"Ang lakas naman ng hangin dito, grabe!" She teases him.

"Hindi kasing lakas ng tama ko sayo."

She blushes, "Last mo na 'yan, a." He could hear a smile from her voice."Ano tayo, high school? You wish."

He look at her straight in the eye, "Grabe, ang ganda mo naman miss. Uhm.." He acts as if he was a nervous teen trying to talk to his crush, "Pwede bang mahingi yung number mo?"

She pushes his face away and laughs. There was something in her laugh that made him smile. Well, she makes him smile.

Suddenly, Richard's phone starts to ring. Ruining the moment, he leaves a kiss on her lips before answering the his phone. "Hello?"

"Sir Richard?"

"Yes, Anthony, anong problema?" He asks and excuses himself from his wife.

"Sir, yung aatendan niyo pong conference ni Ma'am next week, aatend din po si Ma'am Gretchen. Secondary sponsor po nu'ng event."