The Past Revealed

Começar do início

I felt something soft below me and I desperately grabbed for Law when he started to pull away. I was suddenly engulfed in warmth and I finally realized that we were back in his room. Law climbed underneath the covers and immediately pulled me to him. He tightened his arms as much as possible and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I cried into his shoulder and when I thought it would never stop, my pain-filled screams turned into soft whimpers and finally, sniffles.

I felt so sleepy, but Law wanted answers.

"Zoe-ya, will you tell me what happened?"

My voice was hoarse from all of my screaming, so my reply only came out in a whisper. "I-I can't..."

Law's hand moved up to my hair and he started to run his hands through the long strands. "Yes, you can. Trust me, Zoe."

"I-I don't know how..."

"Start with who. Who did all of that to you?"

I tried to pull away from Law before I started, but he wouldn't let me. I couldn't even move an inch. I should feel scared, but I feel safe and warm.

"Law? Let me go..."

"No. I'm not letting you go. Not until I'm sure that you won't try it again."

Hearing Law's concern for my safety made me feel even safer and I relaxed and finally answered him. "Eustass Kid and his crew. That's who it was."

I felt Law's body tense but he stayed calm. "Why? Weren't you in that crew? What happened?"

I took a deep breath and finally gained the courage to speak about what happened. 

"I was. The morning after I joined, I was on the deck looking at the ocean. Some of the crew members snuck up behind me and cuffed me with sea stone. I'm a devil fruit user so as soon as it was put on me I couldn't really do anything. All of my energy vanished. I would have sensed them when they were behind me, but I already trusted them and I let my guard down. Stupid, isn't it?"

Before Law could even answer, I continued. I needed to get this out before I lost the courage.

"They picked me up and took me to the room I was given. They threw me on the bed and left. Then Kid came in."

I paused, almost unable to continue, but Law was still running his hands through my hair and his other hand was rubbing my back gently. It silently encouraged me to continue. 

"He un-cuffed me, only to cuff me to the bed instead. He...he cut off my shirt.  I did the only thing I could do. I screamed for help. I was rewarded with a slap. I screamed again, this time I was punched. I kept screaming until he punched me in the face knocked me out."

Law's hands stopped their movements and I could hear him holding his breath. No doubt afraid of what he would hear next. For the first time since I started, he spoke up. "He didn't rape you did he?"

"He did. When I came to, he was still there. I was still cuffed to the bed and I was so tired I couldn't even talk. The only thing that I could do was cry silently as he did what he wanted."

Law finally let out a breath and even in that, I could tell that he was angry. His hand left my hand and joined the other one to angrily clutch my shirt.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard the next time I see him."

"That's not it."

Out of shock, Law's hands lost their grip and I could finally move away. I didn't go far. I just moved away from him and turned my back towards him, but I still continued.

"The next morning, one of the crew members walked in. I thought he was going to do the same thing as Kid, but it was worse. All he did was beat me and when he had enough he choked me until I passed out. A few hours later, someone else came in. It went on like that all day, for a year."