Broken Umbrellas

Prompt: "I was the poor loser you lent your umbrella to yesterday. My cat scratched the fabric open I'm so sorry"
2014 phan

Word count: 700

Warnings: homophobia, homelessness

Genre: pure fluff

Phils pov
I walked along the side walk as the rain pelted down on my umbrella. I see a lanky boy shivering as he walked by me. He didn't have a coat. I felt sadness pang inside me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him aside

"please don't hurt me" he pleaded. "Why aren't you wearing a coat?" I asked ignoring his plead "I can't afford one. I got kicked out of my parents and had to get a job and I'm still looking for an apartment and I'm sorry why are you asking me this? He asked. I couldn't tell whether those were tears running down his face or rain drops.

"What's your name?" I ask ignoring yet another one of his questions. "D-dan" his teeth chattered. "I'm phil. You go to Manchester highschool right?" I asked he nodded "me too here. I'll see you around" I say handing him the umbrella. "No I couldn't " he tried to hand me back the umbrella "but you could I insist" I smile "thank you" he mumbled continuing to walk.

The pour boy. The beautiful boy. I shook my head clearing my thoughts. He wasn't a stanger. I have seen him around school. He recently came out. It wasn't a good reaction. I feel bad for him.

I reach my door step and take of my coat. I slump off to bed. Greatful that I have a bed. My parents I don't have. But I'm happy with myself.

Dan's pov
I reached my car and shoved my self inside of the van. It's like a one room apartment. It's a pretty big van. I take off my wet clothes and slip into my pjs. My cat meows at me. I pet it. I close the umbrella the gorgeous 12th grade boy gave me. I set it beside me and laid down. I quickly fell asleep.
~time skip~
I woke up freezing. I got dressed. I looked outside to see that it was raining again. I greatfully picked up the umbrella. My eyes widen as I look at the torn fabric. I looked at my kitty. "Squish how could you!" I say sadly. I have to face the boy one way or another I guess. Ugh why me.

As I arrive at school I see the boy up against a brick wall. "Hey faggot" the second I heard that I ran as fast as I could towards phil. " Hey "he said. That's when I knew I reached him. I stopped my feet. "Hi" I panted.

I watch as the boys that were chasing me run up. Phil stepped in front of me. "Back the hell off of him you guys aren't going to touch him again" he groweled. "O-ok" the boys quivered. I smiled as they ran off. "Thank you" I say he nods

"I'm the pour loser you lent your umbrella to yesterday. My cat scratched the fabric open I'm so sorry" I say looking at my feet. He tipped my head up with his fingers. "You needed it way more than I did. It's ok" he smiled.

Something can over me. I went up on my tip toes and kissed his cheek before attempting to walking away. I didn't get very far. Phil grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. He cupped my face and kissed my lips softly. He held me like I was glass. In that moment I was safe. I was at home.

"Dan. Would you like to move in with me? I know we just met but you don't have your own place and that kiss was very uncalled for but please hear me out it will be better. I'll sleep better knowing your warm and safe." Phil rambled. "I would like that. We can spit the rent now that I have a job. It sounds like fun, thank you so much you are a great friend" 'thanks too dan" he smiled. "And phil?" I asked "yeah dan?" He replied "Thanks for the umbrella"