Red Stains on the Kitchen Tiles

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

'Thank you, Rose! I knew you cared about me!' Scorpius exclaimed, grinning. 'Now I'm almost guaranteed to live a longer life than I first anticipated when we started going out!' Rose squeaked in surprise when he pressed his lips to hers and snogged her. Seems I was definitely wrong about Al being the one for melodramatics, she thought, before kissing him back.

'Uh… I'll just… go now…' Al coughed awkwardly, before making an expression of utter disgust and slipping from the room.

Scorpius kissed Rose deeper, his hands on her waist pulling her closer to his body, her arms around his neck. Rose's fingers began to tangle in his pale blonde hair and Scorpius slipped his tongue into her mouth. She responded eagerly, moaning slightly as they deepened the kiss even further…

'Sorry to break up this mothers' meeting, but Mum needs you to – what the hell?'

Rose and Scorpius sprang apart, staring at the person in the doorway, immense guilt written all over their faces. Rose had promptly flushed the infamous Weasley red.

George Weasley was standing in the doorway, a look of horror on his face. Rose thought vaguely that it might be because he'd just walked in on his niece and the junior ferret snogging passionately.

Or that might be just her.

. . . / * \ . . .

George kept shooting looks at Rose and Scorpius over dinner. Both Bill and Victoire noticed this, and Bill raised his eyebrows at Scorpius while Victoire gave the pair of them a knowing smile. Al just glanced between the five of them nervously, wondering if they knew, and Lily and the rest of the future teenagers caught on eventually which Ginny and Hermione picked up on. Mrs Weasley narrowed her eyes at her daughter, glancing at Lily then at Rose, following her grandchildren's gazes, and Fred was trying in vain to silently ask his twin what was going on. Soon, the whole table had descended into silence with everybody communicating by fleeting looks, frowns, and odd facial expressions.

Of course, the only three people oblivious to all this were Harry, Ron and Sirius.

As they were nearing the end of their meal of shepherd's pie, Fred slammed his fork down, causing all eyes to snap to him in shock. Ron had a forkful of mashed potato halfway to his mouth. 'What's going on?' he demanded.

Most of the table immediately looked down at their food again guiltily. Ginny folded her arms and acquired the Mrs Weasley look she was becoming a master at. 'Yes, what is going on?'

Harry, Ron and Sirius still looked bewildered. 'I'm confused,' Harry muttered to Ron. The redhead nodded in agreement.

'Anything you want to share, Ginny?' Sirius asked uncertainly.

'No, but I think they have something to share,' she said pointedly, raising her eyebrows at the eight time travellers. She turned her gaze on Lily, who was sat next to her. Lily coughed and fiddled with her hair awkwardly, twirling it around her finger. Ginny had a sudden impatient-parent urge to slap her hand gently away, which slightly scared her for a moment.

'Do you have something to say, dear?' Mrs Weasley asked Lily a little more gently.

Lily's eyes strayed towards Rose, who gave the slightest shake of her head. Hermione, however, noticed it. Rose had the unfortunate timing to look up at Hermione right at that moment, and their eyes locked. Hermione glanced sideways at Scorpius, then back to Rose – and it clicked. A nearly unnoticeable nod and pleading look from Rose confirmed her suspicions.

Ginny, practically hearing the cogs whirring in her friend's brain, demanded 'What?' very impatiently again. 'Will somebody just tell me what's going on already?'