2

*edited*

On July 31, Alex went to Diagon Alley with her family, and gasped when they caught their first peek of the place. Jason was running around, gasping and touching everything. Alex happily reminded him that it was her that got chosen, and he would only be able to go next year, and that was when he got upset, and stopped running around like his underwear was on too tight.

She didn't need an owl, as she could just use the Mailius spontaneous spell. So, she went straight to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, to buy her school uniforms. "Ugh." She said, "These look a lot like the robes for Wiztech. What's the difference?" Jason looked extremely offended, and opened his mouth to start lecturing Alex, but James silenced him with a look.

Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve. She took a lot of measurements for Alex. Finally, Alex got sick of the stupid pin, and just took a robe from the rack nearby. Surprise, surprise! It fitted perfectly. Jason started complaining about how Alex always got everything her way. Jade sighed, and walked out of the store with Mila , claiming to take a look around.

At the store, before Alex, Jason and James left, she saw a blonde boy talking to a dark haired boy. The dark haired one is kinda cute... she thought. She overheard their conversation, where the blonde boy was talking, and dark haired boy looked like he wanted to say something, but the blonde haired boy was talking incessantly.

"I really don't think they should let the other sort in, do you? They're just not the same, they've never been brought up to know our ways. Some of them have never even heard of Hogwarts until they get the letter, imagine. I think they should keep it in the old wizarding families. What's your surname, anyway?" But before he could reply, Alex walked into their conversation. "What kind?" she said, narrowing her eyes, while Draco stared at her, mouth opening and closing like a goldfish.

"Hmm, that's what I thought." Madam Malkin announced that the dark haired boy's measurements were done, and the blonde haired boy turned to Alex, saying, "Well, I'll see both of you at Hogwarts, I'm Draco, I didn't quite catch your name?"

Alex gave him an extremely fake smile, and sarcastically said, "Well, good luck fishing in that pond!"

Stupidly, he blinked and asked, "What pond?"

Alex laughed, and said, "I hear there will be a house or something, where all the smart people will be. Obviously you-won't make the cut. Uh, buh-bye!"

She dragged the dark haired boy, her father and a disapproving Jason out of the store before Draco worked out what she said in his head. She shook the dark haired boy's hand, introducing herself. When she looked in his eyes, she inwardly gasped. He had the most beautiful green eyes, it reminded her of emeralds!

He shook her hand too, and it turned out his name was Harry Potter. Jason and James gasped, looking at each other. Alex turned to face them. "Is that supposed to mean something?" Jason said in an uptight voice, "Alex, if you would have read ANYTHING of common wizardry knowledge, you would have known that he defeated the dark lord at the age of one, and no one else has been able to kill him before that!" James seemed too overwhelmed to talk, and just shook Harry's hand rapidly.

Alex rolled her eyes, and said, "So he killed an evil guy at the age of one, big deal! I've had to live with you and Mila for eleven years! Now that's heroic!" Laughing, she turned around, seeing Harry give a soft laugh too. "Friends?" she stuck out her hand. He repeated what she said in a soft voice, looking almost surprised that he had a friend. Soon, a giant man came walking towards Harry, and seeing Jason's and James's surprised faces, Harry explained, "Oh that's just Hagrid. He's harmless, and I should be going now. Bye everyone, it was great meeting you!" At that he waved and ran off towards Hagrid, where they walked towards Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B. C.

Jade came back, and asked, "Are we done for today? These people are starting to freak me out, and one red haired guy was so excited to see a... a... muggler... or something like that, he asked me what was the function of a rubber duck."

Jason said in a matter-of-fact voice, "The word is muggle. For the British, non-magical folk are called muggles, not mortals." Alex rolled her eyes. "Know it all," she muttered. "I heard that!" "I don't care!"

After visiting Flourish and Blotts, they went home, with Jason and Alex bickering all the way, and Alex rushed to her room, hardly able to wait for September the 1st.