Chapter 04

~Sam's POV~

I woke up with a start.

"Woah there, Princess, calm down." Ian said with a small smile.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, and planted a kiss on my cheek. I sighed as I pulled away from him, and he ruffled my hair slightly.

"You feeling okay?" He asked me as he placed a hand on my forehead.

I nodded as looked into his dark brown eyes. They were drawing me in again, this time, though, I didn't resist the feeling. In fact, I wanted to kiss him. I leaned close to him, and he leaned towards me. He pressed his forehead against mine as our lips were so close that I could feel his warm breath on my slightly parted lips. I then went to press my lips against Ian's, but as soon as my top lip touched his, he pulled back.

"I-I'm sorry, Sam... I can't..." He said as he looked away from me.

I frowned and bit my lip as I clenched my fists on my lap. I didn't know what to do. I had been lied to by Ray, and now I've been rejected by the only other person I loved. I just wanted to be alone to do my favorite thing; swim(that is a bad idea!!!).

"I-it's alright... If it's okay with you, I'm going to head out for a while..." I said as I stood up.

Ian looked up at me, before looking away quickly. He had a pained expression on his face. It broke my heart more to see him like this. I quickly gathered my soaked clothes, and made my way out the door, the front, then to the apartment Shon and I share.

-time skip-

I was in my bikini top, and had shorts over my bottoms. I looked out at the ocean. It was a warm night, so it should be fine. That was the mistake I had made.
I took my shorts off, and began to wade out into the water. The water made me think of Ian, and I felt tears fall down my cheeks. Soon after I heart a beautiful voice. It belonged to a girl and when I saw her, I saw how beautiful and majestic she looked as she swam towards me, her song entrancing me as she cupped my cheeks.

"It'll all be okay soon, little one. Don't you worry." She said as she leaned in, her lips brushing mine. "The pain will soon go away."

A pair of soft lips were on mine as I heard someone shout my name. I soon didn't feel anything as my mind went blank, memories fading as the world grew dark.

~~~~~~~

"Sam! Sam!" An unfamiliar voice shouted an unfamiliar name as I was being shaken.

I groaned and opened my eyes, my blue eyes meeting a pair of dark brown ones. They were filled with an emotion unknown to me as the man they belonged to gripped my arms tighter as he frowned.

"S-Sam...?" He muttered, but the name didn't ring a bell and neither did the white haired man in front of me.

"W-who?" I questioned as I pulled away from him, my blonde hair floating into my face. "Who are you? Who am I? A-am I Sam?"

The man in front of me nodded and I sighed in a shaky breath.

"I'm Ian. You're Sam." He muttered with a strange hint of emotion to his voice causing the smooth, deep vocals to crack and whimper as the man hugged me. "I'm sorry I let her do this to you...."

"What?" I questioned and the boy named Ian began to explain to me about this place called the surface, a girl name Lyra and a boy named Shon.

The names and information made my head throb as I listened to his hopeful tone as he told me this.

"I-Ian, I don't think you have the right person." I told him and his hopefulness drained as his hands fell from my arms and he clenched his fists at his sides.

"I-I promise I'll find you a heartbroken person so you can come back to us. Even if you won't remember us, I just want my Sam back." He said as he squeezed his eyes shut, causing something within me to spark.

"Ian?" I said as I grabbed his hand. "Are you sure you want to do something like that for someone like me?"

"Of course!" He snapped, causing me to flinch a bit as he squeezed my hand in his. "I just want the girl I like back! So please, just let me help you!"

My eyes widened as I looked at him, conflicted emotions shown on his handsome features as he cupped my cheeks and touched his forehead to mine. He was serious about everything and I trusted him. I didn't know why but he was important to me; I could feel it deep down. I stared at him as he began to swim off.

"I'll be back when I can. Please, be careful." He said and I nodded as I watched him go to the surface, sighing as I swam off to look around a bit.

A/N: So I've had this draft for a while and thought I'd finish at least this chapter. I have no idea when I'll be writing another one but I'll be working on some newer stories for now until I get my inspiration for Siren's Lament back. Sorry about that to all of you that like this story.