Prologue

The Veil of Dreams.

A dream reality folded in an unseen dimension where wishes, goals, and desires take shape. The Keepers held these dreams within their hands. Archaos, Supreme Keeper, looked through the smoky Veil with much apprehension, finding havoc beyond his control. From his lack of interest in overseeing the gateways, many portals to the Veil of Dreams had torn open. This lapse allowed the humans an opportunity to reach beyond the Veil to gain their desires, and they even traveled through the gateways to the alternate universes. Watching the events transpire with much interest, Archaos could not bring himself to seal the disintegrating Veil. Humans mystified him.

"Archaos?"

He looked away from the Veil to see his queen walk toward him, nearly light unto herself. Glowing with rich power, her white dress was soft and billowy, swirling around her ankles. "Song-Tanya, my love."

She frowned, shaking her head. "You should not allow this, Archaos," she said, waving a hand toward the woman in the Veil. "It is like playing with one's food—tacky."

Archaos smiled. "Indeed, my sweet, you would know that well. But, I cannot allow the woman to die, can I?"

Song-Tanya shrugged a shoulder. "I cannot say. What is one human to all the universes we hold?"

"Because I didn't open the Veil to her. She came through herself."

Shock registered over Song-Tanya's face. "You cannot be serious?"

Archaos looked back at the smoky Veil, watching the woman. "Now you see why I am fascinated? I must see her journey, my sweet."

The woman of light ran a hand up the Supreme Keeper's shoulder. "Yes, my love. I'll watch with you, and then seal the Veil."