Chapter Nine

Depuis le début

"How'd you know I was here?" Albus asked and Scorpius' eyes widened at hearing the first words Albus uttered to him in ten days.

"I-I uh well I just guessed." Scorpius stuttered and Albus just nodded. "Err so are you gonna come back with me?" Albus looked at Lily who nodded.

"I suppose." He sighed. "I'll see you later Lils." Albus got up from his chair and followed Scorpius out of the library. It was silent as they walked towards the green house. Albus knew now was as good as any to finally apologize.

"I'm sorry." They said in unison. They glanced at each other. "For what?" They said again.

"You first." Scorpius told Albus as they stopped walking.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you and being rube. I-I was just upset about what happened. I needed some time to heal and now I have. I miss you." Albus explained and Scorpius smiled looking down. He looked up and said,

"I miss you too. Very much so and I'm sorry I upset you because I didn't mean to. I was just worried about you and then you got me mad when you called me a bad friend. But you're right, I have been a bad friend because I didn't tell you about Rose." Albus smiled at that and lunged for his best friend. He hugged him tightly and Scorpius laughed.

"Just promise me you'll stay out of my relationship, okay?" Albus whispered and Scorpius squeezed Albus.

"I promise." Scorpius vowed and Albus grinned when he pulled away.

"I guess we gotta go before we get in more trouble." Albus sighed and Scorpius nodded in response. They made their way to the green houses and Professor Longbottom gave them both a simpering glare before they rejoined the group. Albus had a feeling that once the class was over his godfather would want to talk to him. The feeling was confirmed when he was called over after class.

"Albus, stay after. I want to talk to you." Longbottom commanded. Albus resisted the urge to groan and looked at Scorpius as to say 'go on without me'. Scorpius agreed and left leaving Albus alone. "Albus, do you know why I asked you to stay after?"
"Because I tried to skip." Albus mumbled looking at his feet.

"Albus, I'm worried about you." Neville told his godson causing Albus to raise his head.

"What?"

"Albus, I've talked to your other professors and although your grades were not great before they have plummeted this year." He told him. "Now I understand that you've got yourself a boyfriend and all but school needs to come first."

"Uncle Neville, can I tell you something in confidence and you promise you won't share this with anyone?" Albus asked and Neville agreed. "I was real upset at the beginning of the term, you see, I was in love with Scorpius... a part of me still thinks I am. But Cain, he's helped me a lot in trying to get me over Scorp. And I love him a lot." Albus explained.

"So you've been preoccupied?"

"Well Cain's been trying to help with me. My magic has already gotten strong Uncle Neville!" Albus joyed.

"That's great Albus." Neville grinned. "Just pay more attention and no skipping anymore unless you're sick." Neville sternly told his godson who let out a puff of air.

"Fine, so you're not gonna owl my parents, yeah?" He asked hopefully but Neville shook his head.

"I'm still going to because I know they're worried about you too." He admitted.