Chapter 2: Formalities

The light blush that dusted Phoenix's cheeks was obvious, although Edgeworth didn't question it. A subtle shake of his head was all that was needed for Edgeworth to sit gracefully on the chair, legs crossed elegantly. His posture was perfect, his back was almost perfectly straight and his arms rested on the table in a polite manner. His black polished leather satchel sat beside his feet and shone in the mid-morning sunlight, it was evident that it was of expensive quality. Although, everything about him gave off an expensive vibe, his clothes, belongings and vocabulary just screamed 'rich'. Almost the outright opposite of Phoenix.
He didn't stand out as rich but he wasn't poor either, he stood in the happy medium. His belongings were of decent quality along with his clothes, although his vocabulary could use some work.

Phoenix faced the opposite way to his crush and tapped his fingers on the desk nervously,

"Phoenix? That is your name, right? Phoenix Wright,"

He turned to face Edgeworth, his face was that of awe. The silver haired boy sat next to him gave him a warm smile which seemed impossible with his cold, sultry aura.

"Uh...y-yeah, that's my name" Phoenix stuttered quietly, his voice was almost muted for fear of saying the wrong thing, for fear of embarrassing himself or Edgeworth. His eyes trailed back to his practically shaking hands

A hand suddenly appeared in front of him, obscuring his vision slightly. Upon looking up he saw the same smile as earlier, it took him a minute to realise that he should shake the boy's hand. Their hands locked together in a tight grip,
"It's a pleasure to meet you Wright ,"
A bashful grin crept upon Phoenix's face, he never thought he'd be this close to his crush, let alone shaking hands with him. His mind was going on autopilot, his heart was almost pounding out of his chest and he mentally scolded himself for how he was falling head over heels for the boy sat beside him.

Phoenix groaned audibly when the bell screamed at them to separate, class was now in session and they had to go their opposite ways, except they didn't...
Wright and Edgeworth went their separate ways along the corridor, to somehow end up at the same door, "LAW" was clearly written on the door to the large 3rd floor classroom.
Edgeworth let out a small chuckle, "I never would've taken you for a law student Wright,"
"I may not look it but I find it exhilarating, The whole courtroom system I mean." Phoenix pushed the door open and took a step inside before gesturing for Edgeworth to follow him, "I thought you'd be into the Arts or something"
"That is true, I am a fan of literature and Art however I owe a great deal to the law system" he moved to sit at a desk at the back of the room, "my father is, or was, a lawyer, a defence attorney to be specific,"

Phoenix leant against the wall nonchalantly, let out a deep sigh and then grinned,
"Well this is a great coincidence, I want to be a Defence Attorney when I graduate. I guess it's the same for you?"

"No"
"What?"
"I said no, I wish to prosecute. Prosecute the guilty for their crimes..."

Phoenix, a confused expression plastered across his face, turned to Edgeworth,
"Prosecute the guilty? Why not acquit the innocent, I feel like we have such different ideas..."

"Perhaps we do" Edgeworth turned around in his chair, his expression was that of determination, "however let's not let that prevent our inevitable friendship"
"You took the words right out of my mouth Edgeworth,"

"You do know that you can call me Miles, there's no need for formalities Wright"
"Says you"