Home, sorta

Haruhi was in stable condition. which meant she could go home. however the hosts were incredibly opposed to Haruhi staying alone in her apartment especially after what had happened yesterday. but as concerned as the hosts were they had to get back to their previous engagements for the weekend. after much debate Haruhi was left with Kyoya, at Kyoya's heavily guarded estate. 

   Haruhi's crutches clicked against the marble tile of the Ootori mansion, Tamaki and the twins had tried to persuade her to use a wheelchair but she was too independent to be pushed around, Kyoya walked next to her, making sure to keep his pace slow enough so she could keep up. He wasn't going to let it show but he was concerned about her. she was up so damn soon and she refused any sort of help. she was so exasperating and frustrationgly stubborn.  

   "I called and had a maid prepare a room for you, its a bit short notice but im sure you'll be comfortable." Kyoya had to remind him to slow his pace yet again to account for haruhi. 

   "thanks Kyoya senpai, i think i'll just take a nap, my dad said he was going to head back as soon as he could" Haruhi paused every now and then to catch her breath and stare at the impressive house "wheres your family at? you have two brothers right?" she asked between small breaths, Haruhi readjusted her grip on her crutches, staring at some no doubt expensive art hanging on the wall.

   "yes and a sister, my oldest brother has moved out but Akito will likely be home late and leave early for classes" he said detached, watching Haruhi carefully, looking for any sign of discomfort or pain. likely she was on too many pain medications to even remember this conversation but he wanted to be certain. Usually rather than small talk he'd make a remark about how she couldn't come close to affording that even after paying her debt, but there wasn't much point. Haruhi finally moved again, making it to the guest room.

   Kyoya opened the door for her and quietly helped Haruhi settle in, the teen slid into the bed without protest, warm afternoon light trickling through the curtains as she shut her eyes. Kyoya closed the door as softly as he could and wandered down the hall towards his room, absently rubbing the bandage on his cheek.

-Wow i know i havent updated this in absolute ages! but people have requested that i do and i needed to procrastinate on an assignment. thank you to those who encouraged me to keep on writing! sorry its so short! i just cant write more right now but i figure this hiatus is too long!