Rain Drops

I woke up screaming, sweat dripped down my face. I didn't expect nightmare's, I've never had them. Though I didn't sleep much while with Orochimaru. I stood, my body screamed in pain. I make my way to a door I didn't notice yesterday. I slide it open and step on to a balcony like structure. It was small but I liked it, its the perfect spot for plants I think to myself. I watch the sun slowly peak over the horizon. I noticed my neighbor also had one, directly to my right. I made a mental note to introduce myself to them soon. But today I need to shop for the things I need.

I walked out locking the door behind me, I slowly made my way down the stairs and started looking around for nice shops. Almost everyone I passed stared and whispered about me. It didn't bother me though. The hokage gave me a lot of money to live off of for a while till I got back to a normal life. What I didn't think through was all the bags I was carrying. I was going to make trips till my paper bag ripped at the bottom and all my fruit scattered everywhere. I got on my knees and reached for an apple when an old village man kicked it out of my reach. I looked up at him confused, "Orochimaru scum!" he yelled and then spit on my shoulder. For a second time froze and anger surged through my body. I looked around and saw nods of approval from the people around him. Right before I could defend myself a man walked up and starting picking up the apples from the ground putting them in a new bag. I noticed the familiar body frame and fluffy brown hair. "Hey! Are you supporting Orochimaru also!" the old man spat at him. Yamato stood to his full height towering over the old man, and gave the most creepiest face I have ever seen at him, "No and I also don't approve of people that attack people who are hurt. I call those people cowards." he says looking down at him. The old man stepped back not knowing what to do. "The hokage just let anyone in our village now." he says scampering off. He finishes picking up my apples and helps me up. "I could've handled myself. But thank you for defending me." I say not looking at him. He smiles, "I know you could have, but I helped anyways. Now lets get this back to your house." I nod. He carried all my bags even though I said I could help. I open the door to my house and let him in. "So what else do you need to buy?" he asks setting the bags of cloths and food down at the table. "I was going to buy some plants for my balcony today." He nods and smiles, "I know the perfect place to go."

We walk into a flower shop where a girl with blonde hair was working. "Hi my name is Ino, how can I help you today?" she asks. "Were just browsing." I say. After a while we pick out some cacti and random flower pots we thought were pretty. "Ah, nice choice these are very pretty." Ino says. We walk out and realize it was dark out and had begun to rain. "Wow, I didn't even realize how late it was, good thing my house is close by." I say. "Ya I didn't notice either lets hurry before it gets any worse." he says.

We make it to my house completely drenched. We set everything on the table. "Since you've helped me so much over the past few day, let me make you dinner." I say. He shakes his head, "It's fine." I roll my eyes, "Sit." I motion towards the chair. "Okay, Okay." he says chuckling. I go through a bag, "Here, I bought some cloths for Kashi today, you're around the same size, I'll take your cloths to dry." I say. He stands and makes his way towards the bathroom. I change into an over sized t-shirt and shorts. We go in the hallway at the same time, I take his cloths and hang them to dry. He sits on the kitchen counter and watches me cook. I start to slice vegetables and cook white rice. I open the window so the house wouldn't smell. I listened to the rain drops and looked at Yamato. He was already staring at me when our eyes met he blushed slightly and looked away. His hair was still wet from the rain, the short sleeve I gave him showed off his toned arms. I watched how he breathed so calmly, how the red in his cheeks grew as i stared at him sitting on the counter next to me. "You're so..." at that moment the vegetables I was not paying any attention to caught fire. "Shit!" I yell. I back away not knowing what to do. Yamato grabs the hot pan calmly, burning his hand and puts it in the sink putting out the fire with water. "Oh my god, Yamato, are you ok? Let me see your hand!" I yell, it had started to blister. "Stay" I order. I run to the bathroom and and get a wet wash cloth, run back and get wrapping tape, and medicine I got today. "Here sit down." I order. I pull a chair out and sit across from him. He seemed unfazed by his burned hand. If anything it looked like he was amused by how alarmed I was. "Why are you not upset at all?" I ask putting the wash cloth on his hand. He watches me and smiles, "I find this sort of amusing." I put the wash cloth down and open the medicine. I grab his hand to steady it, while putting the medicine on him I couldn't focus on anything other than the fact that I was touching his hand. "This isn't amusing at all." I say trying to focus. All he does is smile and watch. I grab the wrap and gently wrap his hand. Hair falls in front of my face and before I could reach for it, he swiftly moves his free hand and tucks the loose strand behind my ear. And continues to trace his fingers along my jaw line. The sound of the rain is louder than before. I look up, and for a second time stopped. He slowly leaned in and at that moment the door opened. "Lily I'm coming in, I picked up some..." Kakashi stopped seeing the scene he walked in on. "I was just tapping his hand. There was a fire, his hand got burnt that is it." I say, my face redder than a tomato. A smirk grew on Kakashis face as he stared at Yamato, while putting bags down on the floor. I quickly finish tapping his hand and put some rice in a bowl. Yamato stood and began walking to the door, "Wait, here you go. Something to take home." I say while handing him a bowl. "Thank you Lily, I'll talk to you later. Bye." He smiles and walks out closing the door. I hear Kakashi snicker from behind me. "Don't even start." I say walking to my bedroom. I crawled into bed and put the blanket over my head and tried to calm my brain down as I tried to forget the previous event.