3. Sophisticated Step Sisters

I sat on my bed, debating on what I should do. 

I'd lied about my hair, the color coudn't be washed out. The only solution was dying it back to my normal hair color but to do that I'd have to wait for Margarette to go to the drug store. I coudn't walk down like this either, Mrs. Gothel would know I'd lied and the slim chance I had to go to the festival would disappear into nothingness faster than I could say 'crap'.

Glancing at the clock I sighed, if I stayed gone for too long they would come looking for me. Pascal whimpered beside me, silently asking me to pet him. Maybe I should just tell Mrs. Gothel the truth, I thought to myself as I recognised something behind Pascal. My hat, of course! Smiling victouriously I grabbed it, pushing my hair underneath as I put it on. 

Though it was three floors down from here I could still hear Mrs. Gothel screaming at the staff asking how this could happen under their supervision, I was scared for them. Mrs. Gothel was even more frightening when she was angry. 

When Mrs. Gothel turned angry you saw the clear resemblance between her and a dragon, glowing eyes, flaring nose and wild hair she had it all.

She started treathening about firing people and that was all I needed to push my hat down, turning my hair in it making sure nothing was sticking out and hurrying downstairs to put an end to the fight. 

Both Mrs. Gothel and Margarette turned to me with terrified looks on their faces as if I'd caught them while picking the last cookie in the bowl. Margarette composed herself first and spoke repeatedly shooting glances at her boss. "Mrs. Radley could you please come with me I'm afraid I have to wash the clothes you're wearing right now."  

Mrs. Gothel gave me an annoyed look when I didn't answer immeadiately and I nodded, uncertain of what I'd just whitnessed. Margarette left for the washing room and another look from Mrs. Gothel made me hurry after her, feeling shivers trespass my body.

The moment the door of the washing room was closed and I was sure no one could hear us I let the questions roll of my tongue like marbles. "What happened in there Margarette, did she fire you?" 

Margarette's soft laugh echoed throughout the room. "If she had done that Miss, I  woudn't be here anymore." 

 My eyebrows scrunched up in cofusion as I pulled off my sweater handing it to Margarette. 

"Then what happened?" A breeze passed by and I folded my arms across my chest suddenly feeling very naked without the protection of my sweater.

Margarette shrugged, attempting at stuffing a pile of clothes in the washing machine. "Now why don't you go change? Your sisters will be here in an hour or so." 

I gave her a suspicous look silently telling her I didn't buy her distraction but retracted to my room when the sweet smile on her smile didn't falter. I sighed, she wasn't going to spill anythin about it.

The doors of my closet creeked when I pulled at them, my warderobe wasn't anything impressive. Sweaters, t-shirts, jeans and one or two dresses were pushed in it unfolded and unordered. 

A piece of white fabric stood out from the pile in front of me and I pulled out my only summer dress. Mrs. Gothel would be pretty irritated if I didn't dress 'appropiate' for the arrival of my step sisters. 

Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine, daughters of the legandary Mrs. Elisa Gothel weren't quite as bad as their mother but bad none the less. Anastasia was a little more manageable than Drizella, she was also the one who I was closer with I could handle her picking the prettiest barbie as long as I could play along. Drizella, she was a totally different story, the spitting image of her mother though you wouldn't say that when you saw her. She was a beautiful young girl with a honest smile, only when she was mad you'd see her true self and that was not something to look forward to.