"so, uh," he started, and she looked up, "i guessed he wouldn't have come back here."

roma's attention heightened.

"d-did he say he was going to come back...with you?" she whispered, regretting the question as soon as it blurted from her lips.

roma assumed he knew the situation. slight embarrassment crossed her features.

sehun paused. opened his mouth. his long fingers toying with his ring. he blew out a heavy breath; fluttered his fringe.

"no," he replied bluntly. "not exactly."

"oh," was all she responded. saddened tone.

someone in the bar shouted. caught her attention.

she turned back to sehun.

"what did you want to say to me?" roma tried, her voice so quiet, tentative.

sehun looked so mentally fragile that roma almost didn't want to break him, or say something that could send him over the edge. roma couldn't see, but could tell that his foot was tapping on the floor.

sehun sighed. a huge admission of exhaustion. he brought his head down to rest on his arms, both holding him up. roma extended forward to try and comfort him, but immediately drew her arm back.

"did he leave you? just like that?" he questioned. serious tone.

roma blushed. she felt helpless and hopeless and wanted nothing more than to go back to when everything was okay.

"wha-what do you mean?"

avoiding the question.

sehun zoned in on her. roma shuddered, felt the strands of her hair fly around her face. his intense gaze made her uncomfortable, but she didn't want to say anything.

clothes too tight. she struggled in her seat.

sehun sighed deeply. again.

"i'm assuming you know?"

roma's heart thudded, strained by her rib cage. she laced her fingers together. her knee began to bounce up and down.

"know what?"

"about baekhyun. about us."

"sorry, sehun, i don't know what you--"

"roma, i know, so don't bother pretending." his tone was very harsh, startling her. cheeks blushed further, bowing her head.

"sorry," he apologised, realising. "i just...you know now, and i thought..."

roma felt that huge lump rising up in her throat. pulse racing; her entirety hung onto his every word, every syllable. leant forward. she didn't really know; had no clue what he was being so indecipherable about.

"is something wrong? have i done something?"

is baekhyun okay?