Chapter 1:

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This book is currently unedited and a working progress. Don't hesitate to let me know of any mistakes and or your own comments on the piece. And PLEASE do not copy my story. That is the worst thing an author can experience.

Thank you for choosing my story, I hope you enjoy it.

-WinterAngel

   Shadows pass a field of mournful flowers while an electric-green eyed Elvin child danced beside a river of pure blue

Shadows pass a field of mournful flowers while an electric-green eyed Elvin child danced beside a river of pure blue. A threatening storm brewed as a man watched silently out of the balcony of an elegant mountain-tree castle. Dark hair loomed over his shoulders, a crown of twisting metals danced on his head. Krasov.

In a childish rage, he had fled to the Elvin tribe of the dark skinned Drixen, enemies of his own land but nonetheless the land his mother had told him to go to.

    The girl before him his own daughter, his pride and heart. A little too close to the water for his taste, yet too innocent to know what his kin had done to his mother. She was the one who reminded him of his mother in the ways she played, talked and looked to him. For a girl of nine, she was already showing signs of intellect and wisdom among the arcane ability to control elements around her.

    He had to protect her, keep her away from the light skinned Latoo tribe, his own race. If they knew she existed, they would give her the same fate of her grandmother. That's why he was planning to strike against his aunt tonight. He had banished the thoughts of forgiving her for not saving his mother, she had after all told his mother to leave on the trip that had killed his mother. Once the twins slept, his army moved across his homeland of Rameron and into Latoon.

   He softly gazed down at the girl then to the silver haired dark elvin woman beside her. His wife, Rethara was sitting next to their son, a silent and peaceful kid unlike his sister. Violet eyes turned to him with a smile, beckoning Krasov to join her with their children.

He sighed, moving to meet his Queen and their twins.

"Papa!" The girl shrieked, launching herself into his arms in a fit of giggles. She had a harsher shade of brown hair than he did, with soft electric green eyes that tented to a dark green color, her skin radiated with a soft tanned color.

He smiled at her before patting her head and cuddling her into him, "Doesn't someone actually need to sleep from being up so late?"

She frowned, keeping her father close, feeling tension in the air around him. Yawning softly, she rested her head on his shoulder amidst peering up at him, resisting her body's temptation to sleep.

   "She should, but shes a bit resistant to sleep. As always." Rethara grins.

Krasov looked to Rethara and his son, standing before offering a hand down to help her.

     "Let's get them inside before the storm hits." He whispers, taking Rethara's hand and leading her inside to the children's room.

    "You're still planning on going aren't you?" Rethara asks.