You hoped she wouldn’t be too scarred for life. There’d been quite a few times she walked in on Mommy and Daddy playing ‘horsie’.

You untangled yourself from your husbands grasp and made your way to the bathroom, peeing and then grabbing a drink of water from the faucet, brushing your teeth afterwards to remove the foul red wine taste.

Glancing out the window you saw that the lighting outside had come on, the neighbours cat probably triggering it. You stood on your tiptoes to see if you could catch sight of it
, seeing a blanket of white covering the trees and the garden.

Snow.

And lots of it by the looks of things.

You grinned and ran back to bed, leaping onto it like a kid and shaking Spencer.

“What the hell, Y/N?” He moaned sleepily.

“Wake up wake up WAKE UP. It’s snowed.”

“Thats nice…. Come back to bed…you can do that another time.”

He obviously wasn’t listening.

“Spencer… Snow. SNOW. Virgin snow too, hardly any animal prints yet.”

The neighbourhood cats… And possibly raccoons by the looks of some of the messes you’d found before, seemed to use your garden as a short cut.

“Snow? SNOW! Can we wake Sirsh up?” You had his attention now.

“No… We can wake Little S up though. Get dressed.”

You pulled on the jeans you’d discarded last night along with thick socks and a jumper which you just hauled over your pajama top, waiting for Reid to dress.

When you were both ready, you crept down the hall into your daughters bedroom where she was still snoring softly , her chocolate coloured curls spread out on her pillow.

You quietly opened her drawers, pulling out socks and trousers, a woolley jumper, placing them on her bed.

Taking a side each, you and Spencer sat down on her bed and you placed your hand on her chest, rubbing it gently to wake her.

Her eyes fluttered open, her looking from you to Spencer and then back again blearily.

“Mommy?”

“Saiorse, we have a very important question for you.”

You and Spencer looked at each grinning, crying in unison. “Do you wanna build a snowman?”

Her eyes lit up as her brain processed what you were saying and she threw back her covers and bounded out of bed so fast that Spencer had to reach out and tug her back.

“Not so fast kiddo.” He laughed at her. “Clothes first.”

You dressed her quickly and then all three of you made your way downstairs to tug on your winter boots and to brave the morning cold, clicking the outside lamps on.

It was glorious. Crisp and fresh, the snow crunching underfoot as you made your way hand in hand with your daughter across the snow.

The next joyful hour was spent rolling huge hunks of snow into a the shape of a snowman, hunting around the garden for twigs and branches for the arms, and stones big enough for the eyes.

Little S loved it, as did the big S. And you were having a whale of a time watching them playing, Spencer kneeling down on the snow and soaking his trousers so he could help his daughter. You took countless pictures on your phone, knowing that the team would eat them up.

The snow was so deep in some parts that when Saiorse had toddled off to find a rock, she’d called out to you both for help, not being able to pull her little legs free. The look of frustration on her face as she fought with the white powder was hilarious as was the sight of her feet kicking in the air when Spencer finally lifted her out.

“Mommy… He needs a nose.” She told you, poking her gloved finger into the centre of his face.

You dashed back inside, rummaging in the vegetables drawer for a carrot that you could sacrifice, returning triumphantly and handing it to your her.

She pushed it into the snowmans face, completing him and clapping wildly with joy, shrieking.

“Shhhhhh… It’s still early baby. We don’t wanna wake the neighbours.”

“Sorry Mommy.”

You made her and Reid pose in front of their creation as you took more photos, the sky turning orange as the sun came up.

Reid with her in his arms. Reid and Little S either side of the snowman holding onto the branches like they were holding his hands. Saiorse pretending to kiss the snowman on his mouth, Spencer pretending to kiss the snowman.

You joined them for a photo, Spencer holding the cell high with his long arms and taking a shot of the three of you together.

“Mommy kiss Daddy. I’ll take a picture!”

Your daughter held her hand out expectantly for your phone and you reset the camera and gave it to her, pressing your cold lips to Spencers and hearing the child giggle as she took pictures.

“I think it’s time for some hot chocolate and maybe waffles. What do ya say? Then after breakfast shall we see if Uncle Aaron and Jack want to go to the park and go sledding?”

“Henry and Auntie Jenny too?”

“Henry and Auntie Jenny too.” Hell you’d send a group text and get the whole team out if they were free. It had been a while since you’d had a family outing.

You headed back inside, switching the stove on and getting started on breakfast, watching out through the windows as Spencer picked up handfuls of snow, crumbling it slowly over Saiorse’s head as if it was snowing.

It was the most adorable sight ever, her spinning on the spot, the snow peppering her hair white and her squealing with joy. Reid had the biggest grin on his face ever as did you.

You had a feeling today was going to be one of those perfect family days.

Out Of Nothing At All जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें