I frown. "You didn't know where I..." My eyes widen, and I whirl around to face Eric. "You!"

He, in true blase Eric fashion, just shrugs. "Yeah, so I may have lied about the whole alarm system thing."

"Alarm system?" Spencer narrows his eyes as he catches onto what we're talking about. "Oh come on Eric, you pulled that whole alarm system bullshit again? Why are you telling everyone I have this place set up like Fort Knox?"

"Because it's the only successful way to kidnap them." Eric replies nonchalantly. I stare at him, slack-jawed in disbelief.

"You've done this before?"

"Well, yeah. Jasmine didn't put up as much of a fight as you did, just so you know."

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" I exclaim incredulously. "How are you a god in charge of people?"

"Because my father has a penis for a brain." Spencer mutters. "So he lets dimwits like him run around thinking they rule the roost when they clearly don't."

Eric visibly bristles. "Like father, like son then."

A deadly look that's so uncharacteristically like Spencer filters into the blonde god's features. I jolt back in surprise. "Don't push it, Eros. Your little 'kidnapping' stunt with Ellie has you skating on very thin ice as it is; I highly advise you shut your trap before you really piss me off."

"Or what?" Eric asks cockily, raising an eyebrow. "You gonna throw me up in the air and bury me in the earth like you did with the last person who pissed you off?"

From the way Spencer's expression darkens rapidly I know Eric's struck a nerve, and from the small smirk that twists up the corners of Eric's mouth, I realise it was knowingly too. I jump in between the two of them before their obvious battle for male dominance turns into a full on battle, despite having no inkling whatsoever of what they're talking about. I give Eric a hard look.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hiss.

"What?" He eyeballs Spencer for a few more seconds before turning his gaze onto me. "He's being entirely unreasonable to you, Bambi."

"He's being unreasonable?" My voice goes high in disbelief, and I stare at him. "You're obviously trying to piss him off Eric, and for what reason? Because he's mad I left without letting him know where I was? He's well within his right for that; I thought he would have at least an idea of where I went, but because you were being entirely unreasonable he didn't."

"Hardly." Eric scoffs, his disagreement not at all deterred by my logicality. "It wasn't your fault that you got attacked. Just because he couldn't, yet again, protect the people in his life from supers who-"

He doesn't get a chance to finish his sentence because Spencer surges forward, pure fury melting his gaze into molten green. But luckily, before he can cross the driveway to where Eric and I are standing Kenzie suddenly appears out of nowhere, jumping in front of him so she can physically halt his warpath. She cups his face with her hands, forcing him to look her in the eye.

"Spencer. Breathe."

"I am breathing." Spencer snaps, trying to sidestep her. "It's just the fact that he is too has suddenly became incredibly annoying."

"What's going on?" Jasmine suddenly appears in the doorway, confusion scrunching up her features when she takes in the scene we've all abruptly been plunged into.

"Eric brought up Chloe again." Kenzie says grimly, not moving her attention from her husband, who's still actively trying to push past her. I don't miss the fact that she says 'again'. Jasmine's expression drops, and she directs a scowl Eric's way.