Chapter 6

Teeth. A lot of them, they loomed right above Zane's face. Lips peeled back in a deep threatening way that made the male want to cower in fear. Of course, being as stubborn as he is he didn't move not wanting to back down to whatever this was, instead Zane reared his back legs up and gave a harsh kick into the stomach of the creature making it yelp and get off. This prompted for the other to scramble to his feet and get into an all fours position more fit for if he needed to fight this thing. Blazing black eyes turned to look at him with more anger then before and the creature got into the same position he was in. Zane was in no condition to fight or appear threatening, with a wrapped up wing and hardly fit for fighting body he looked like a mere weakling but he knew when to hold his ground. The tension was piling at this point, who would make the first move? Zane had made the mistake of moving in the slightest which prompted the beast to make a leap at him, now prepared to fight to what was probably the death Zane was ready to meet claws and teeth...but it never came. Just as the beast was about to take a nice bite out of him, a white flash leapt onto it. This lead to both creatures, the wolf like creature that had attacked him before wasn't showing any signs of backing down, but the new one who looked familiar wasn't showing signs either. It wasn't until the white haired beast took a nice swipe at the others face, drawing blood making it yelp and flee. This prompted a nice long growl and weird noise...a dominance thing? Maybe Zane should've fled when he could, because now bright green eyes were trained on him. It was approaching, but for some reason Zane didn't move he felt like this thing wasn't going to attack him.

"I thought I told you to stay in your room" The voice was...deeper but he instantly recognized it. Snow. "It's a fight fest out here at night, unless you want your throat ripped out I suggest you get back to where you came from." Snow- No, Travis' eyes showed little to no emotion his skin was hardly showing any splotches of what was his skin color and now replaced with a dark black pigment...which stood out with his white locks. Of course, Zane wasn't about to let himself be so easily chased back to the kitchen and growled at him. Big mistake as Travis suddenly leapt forward, his breath hot on Zane's face with a threat that could kill him on the spot. "Room. Now." Command taken. Zane quickly scrambled back up, scampering back towards the kitchen on all fours. When Zane passed through the doors he quickly shut them, before attempting to go and lay with his brother now with the feeling of being entirely unsafe, only he ended up slipping and falling on his side halfway into his route. A feeling of exhaustion washed over him, and he suddenly had no urge to get up. Zane ended up drifting off into a restless...fearful sleep right where he was.

-------

Short, but it gives you some insight. In this world creatures hybrids and monsters use growls and threats to show whos in charge. When zane growled at Travis, it was a threat towards who was more domaniant in that situation. In which case, Travis isnt entirely in the right mindset at that moment and ended up using a more threatening way of showing hes in charge.

I love to see how you guys will try and guess who the other beast is~~