Between- part one

[Third person pov | Cheap ass motel]

Now normally it's Sam who gets up at the crack of dawn. I mean, this guy gets up at five in the morning and then wakes Dean up shortly after. But this time the tables had turned, and Dean was the first one up.

Plot twist.

"Rise and shine, Sammy boy." Dean said as he entered the room with coffee and donuts. Sam let out a groan, rolling over and looking at him with sleepy eyes. "Dean?" He asked tiredly, "What time is it?"

"Five after five, Sam." Dean grinned. Sam sat up, staring at Dean for a moment in tired disbelief. Was this really Dean? Should he be reaching for the holy water? "Why are you up so early?" Sam asked, blinking the tiredness from his eyes. "Gotta get to Bobby's." Dean answered, taking a bite out of a donut.

"....Why?" Sam asked after a moment of silence, deadpanning at his brother. He couldn't literally think of not logical reason that they'd need to go back the way they came just to see Bobby. "You'll see, Sammy. You'll see." Dean grinned. And Sam would see. In fact, he was about to get the surprise of a life time.

[Third person pov | Singer Auto Yard]

Bobby stood at the stove, a frying pan in one hand and a spatula in the other. And yes, the apron was pink. Whistling, he flipped the bacon and moved the scrambled eggs around a bit, flipping them occasionally to. Liv scrambled between the cabinets and Bobby's small, pathetic excuse for a dining table, setting the table for them.

Opening the fridge after a few tries, she retrieved a carton of orange juice and a cold beer for Bobby. Bobby smiled fondly as she scurried back over to the table, pushing the two drinks up onto the table before climbing onto a chair so she could pour herself some juice.

"What're we gonna do today, Bobby?" She questioned, looking over at him after she finished getting her drink. "I don't really know, buttercup." He answered, turning off the stove, "I was thinkin' of reorganizin' my books." 

"Can I help?" She asked hopefully. Liv was only four, so she couldn't do much. But when she could do something, she would stop at nothing to do it. "After ya' feed Rumsfeld, sure." Bobby said, referring to his Rottweiler who liked to lay on the truck's hood outside. "Okay!" She chirped cheerfully, sliding out of her seat and running for the door. Bobby chuckled, shaking his head in amusement.

[Third person pov | Inside the Impala]

"Come on, Dean! Just tell me why we're going to Bobby's." Sam prodded for what seemed like the seventh time that morning, not that Dean was really counting. "Nope." Dean said, popping the P. Stuffing the rest of a donut in his mouth, he gave Sam a look, "You'll see when we get there. Now, stop whining like a baby."

Sam groaned, his head dropping slightly. Dean only grinned, imaging the look on his face when he saw Liv, and when he learned he was in fact an uncle. He would definitely need a picture of that.

Sam was suffering mentally at the moment, his mind reeling. Did Bobby have a case for them? Was he in danger? Was it possible that he'd been in an accident Sam didn't know about and Dean just had to go check on him every once in a while?

"Sammy stop thinking so hard, it's making my head hurt." Dean said, glancing at Sam who's eyebrows were furrowed in thought as he stared off into space. Sam shot him a glare, "I wouldn't be thinking so hard if you'd just tell me why we're going to see Bobby."

"You just don't give up, do you?" Dean sighed, "Again, you'll see when you get there."

"Jerk."

"Bitch."