"You ok, Ev?" Tyler locked eyes with me, I shyly looked away, only to look after he turned back around.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You believe me right? You know I didn't do anything..." Uncertainty had crossed his voice, looks like even he had begun to question his own innocence.

"Of course! Now come on, the bus is waiting." Bless them, his friends were trying to reassure him, give him that ever so familiar confidence factor.

Here's a hint, don't fuck with me.

The first clique climbed into the bus, heading to the empty seats in the back of the vehicle. Where they usually sat. As they passed Jonathan, Evan barely managed to miss being tripped by him, stumbling forward as his foot got caught on his best friend's foot. He didn't know if he could call him that right now.

"Seriously, what the hell is his problem?" Tyler muttered to himself he sat next to Evan in the very backseat of the bus. Evan sighed and laid his head against the window, staring outside the window as the bus started to move.

It was at this point that I became thankful for the small gap between the wall and the seat of the bus, it was the perfect place to spy on someone.

Tyler felt a tap on his shoulder, so he turned his head to face who had wanted his attention. It was Brock. He nodded his head towards Evan. 'Is he ok?' Brock mouthed, a look of concern in his eyes.

Looks like I had gotten the extra large gap in between, or I just happened to see Brock pop over the seat, he was sitting just behind Tyler.

Weird, I had always thought that was Mini's spot.

Tyler shrugged in response, it was hard to decipher Evan's mood at this point. Jonathan had gotten pretty upset with him for no apparent reason, so he couldn't imagine how he felt. But Tyler could clearly tell Evan was upset about the situation.

Meanwhile, Jonathan was furious. How dare Evan act like the most innocent person in the world when he clearly wasn't?! It was bullshit, and Jonathan knew it. Evan was smart, but he apparently he wasn't smart enough to realize that Jonathan wasn't buying his act.

Today was already looking to be a bad day, and they hadn't even reached the school.

But me? Oh, I was having the best day of my life.

So I guess best friends don't last forever.

----------

Before you continue, or rather, I continue this story, you must know that I did not witness the following events. This is just how I have imagined the scene from the tidbits I have received in my quest to piece together this confession.

In first period, Jonathan completely ignored his friends, he only spoke to Lui and Marcel. Evan tried to talk to him, but Marcel always pushed him away, insisting he had done enough for today.

By the time lunch came around, Evan's hope at fixing his friendship with Jonathan had depleted. He knew that it was a lost cause at this point, Jonathan wasn't going to speak to him anytime soon.

"I'm sure he's gonna come around, Evan. He's probably just in a bad mood." Tyler said, placing his tray of food on the table before sitting down on the cafeteria bench. Evan looked up at him, barely a sliver of hope in his eyes.

"I don't know, Tyler.....Usually when he's in a bad mood I'm the one person he's not a jackass to.....why would he say that? What did I do?" Evan replied half heartedly, mumbling the last part to himself.

Tyler looked at his friend worriedly, he had never seen him look so broken before. It was scary. Just then the rest of the guys came over with their food and sat down around the table as well, also looking worried for Evan.

Craig had opened his mouth to speak but closed it when he saw who had just entered the cafeteria. "Jerk alert." He mumbled to Tyler, who was sat right next to him.

Jonathan glared at the table the first clique was sat at, Lui and Marcel doing the same as they walked to get their lunch. But Jonathan had no intention of actually eating it. Oh no, he had something much worse planned.

The first clique sat around their usual table doing what they usually did, minus Evan of course. They were busy talking about everything and anything, becoming so distracted they didn't hear the second clique walk up to them until it had happened.

There was a sudden loud splash and food was spread across the table and the clique looked up to find Evan covered in food. His shirt and jacket were completely ruined, and he looked like he was about to explode. Evan slowly brushed the food out of his face, allowing it to land on the floor. He stood up, shushing the previously laughing cafeteria, excluding the second clique, who was still laughing.

Evan stepped over the table seat and planted himself right in front of Jonathan. "Alright, I am going to ask you one more time. What the fuck is your problem?" He growled, food still dripping off his clothes.

Jonathan lightly pushed Evan backwards. "You already know what my problem is, it's you." He snapped, glaring at Evan with way more hatred than this morning.

"I have done nothing to you, okay? Absolutely nothing, so-"

"You know what you did. Quit-"

"No, shut the hell up. I am going to talk and you are going to listen to me for once today. Whatever it is that you think I've done to you, I didn't do. And at this point, I don't care what the hell that is, because you have been acting like a complete dick all day and I'm sick of it. I'm supposed to be your best friend and I thought you would be a little more mature and want to talk things out instead of acting like this. So, one more time, what is your problem?" Even though the second clique was who Evan was facing, the rest of the first clique as well as the cafeteria could feel Evan's hateful glare radiating off of him.

Jonathan held Evan's gaze, the entire cafeteria seemed to be frozen now, waiting in anticipation for who was gonna talk next. Jonathan knew he may have taken this a bit too far, since the entire school would now know about this, but he didn't care, he was livid with rage.

He scoffed, muffling a laugh as he responded. "Wow, Evan. I never thought you could play dumb for this long. Who knew you could be this stupid?" Jonathan was patronizing him, everyone could see that and it was shocking. Evan and Jonathan were like the star best friends of the school, they were like friendship goals they were so close. So seeing them fight was heart breaking in a way.

Evan took one more step forward, his clothes no longer dripping, instead they were starting to dry. "I can't believe you would ever do something like that! I hate you, I wish I had never even met you. You pathetic, lowlife piece of shit."

"Stop flattering yourself, hotshot."

"If you wanted a war, then congratulations, you got one. I hope you're happy." Evan pushed past Jonathan and stormed out of the cafeteria, stunning the cafeteria into silence once more. You could hear a pin drop from the tension that was still in the air.

After a few moments of an intense stare off, the rest of the first clique followed Evan out of the cafeteria. But Lui stopped David right before he walked out of the door, the two were actually close friends and he didn't want their friendship to end because of this. But David cut him off before he said anything.

"Save it, Lui. There's two sides to this, and you and I both know which ones we're on. You picked Jonathan, which means you've lost me and everyone else in our group. This is a war, so I hope you know what your side is fighting for, because that's what makes it all worth while."

"But David-"

"Bye, Lui." And he walked out right behind his friends, and once the first clique was gone, the cafeteria erupted into whispers about what had just happened.

Even though it was obvious they had just witnessed the beginning of the second Civil War.

Yes, the fifteenth of November was truly an eventful day, but I would give anything to go back there.